PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Either A. City or the PL has vastly overrated their evidence in this case and is walking into a big surprise or B. The PL knows they don’t have the necessary proof but was pressured into this in order to drag City into a legal fight to disrupt transfer plans to the benefit of our rivals (Bellingham)
Out of the 2 options I will go with B!

Do you think there is anything new out there that the premier league have on the accounts that wasn’t there as evidence when City went to CAS? City have obviously said there’s the published account you find the wrongs in there and we are giving you nothing else, hence why the non compliance charges come in.

If it’s no new evidence and there is nothing to link ins and outs to any wrong doing, isn’t what they are trying to hang on City opinion that they’ve done wrong rather than cold hard evidence?

It would be a huge surprise if they did have anything else, as it would have come out in the last four years of litigation and a smoking gun of such magnitude would have resulted in a plea deal being taken.

We've won three Premier Leagues since it started. We have denied Liverpool in the process.

If the Red Shirts and Premier League had anything else, the trigger would have been pulled a long while ago.

Either A. City or the PL has vastly overrated their evidence in this case and is walking into a big surprise or B. The PL knows they don’t have the necessary proof but was pressured into this in order to drag City into a legal fight to disrupt transfer plans to the benefit of our rivals (Bellingham)
Or C they know they'll lose but can turn round to the clubs pushing and the government looking to take their powers away and say we did what we could.

It would be a huge surprise if they did have anything else, as it would have come out in the last four years of litigation and a smoking gun of such magnitude would have resulted in a plea deal being taken.

We've won three Premier Leagues since it started. We have denied Liverpool in the process.

If the Red Shirts and Premier League had anything else, the trigger would have been pulled a long while ago.
. . . and/or would have been leaked to the press!

This increasingly feels like an "appeal" of our appeal to CAS to me.

If you haven't watched and you're concerned then I highly recommend that you do.

Everytime one of the usual suspects says we're going to be relegated and/or players will leave and we won't be able to attract players - watch it.

The standard of proof is really high and I don't think a 3 man panel can confidently conclude that City cooked the books for 9 years and multiple accounting companies and auditors failed to spot it. It's a ludicrous charge.

But if they do, it is pretty serious.

That bit is in there as awell. It is basically a claim that the stakes are high. While it is encouraging that the higher they are the more difficult to prove, it remains the case that if at all proven, it is a severe outcome.

I can't help that this is a lot to do with both red scum struggling to sell their clubs. By potentially hindering or even better crippling the dominant club in the league, their clubs suddenly become far more attractive to prospective buyers

The pieces fall into place with todays announcement of a reformed euro super league

Have both red scum been pushing and pushing for the PL to act and then they got hold of this little nugget maybe last week and said to the PL .. last chance to do something otherwise we throw our weight behind this?

Reactions: nmc
I watched it and on the one hand it does make us blues feel slightly less anxious. On the other hand, I think that surely the PL lawyers have told the PL about the high standard of proof required and yet they have pressed ahead anyway.

They’ve seen what happened at CAS, I don’t see why would the PL push ahead, unless their own lawyers have told them that they have something like the level of proof required to win?

Not necessarily. Like with UEFA at CAS some things needed clarifying or explaining as they may have looked like we were 'cooking the books' but once clarified and explained there was no case to answer.

I really doubt the PL is sitting on evidence of 10 years of financial criminality. If such evidence existed it would be government and international agencies doing the investigated not the PL.

I would have hoped the PL and City would have had a mediation for things to have been explained before they announced all these charges.

However maybe City welcome it as it can end all the speculation and stop all the insinuations one and for all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.