PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It would be a huge surprise if they did have anything else, as it would have come out in the last four years of litigation and a smoking gun of such magnitude would have resulted in a plea deal being taken.

We've won three Premier Leagues since it started. We have denied Liverpool in the process.

If the Red Shirts and Premier League had anything else, the trigger would have been pulled a long while ago.
It was but Darwin Nunez was holding the gun :-)

I note the point has probably been made already, but if the PL had any credible evidence, would HMRC not have been raiding our offices long before now?

The implication that we fudge our income surely has a massive knock on implication of tax fraud?

They'd probably wait for this outcome and if we're found guilty want their pound of flesh.

I note the point has probably been made already, but if the PL had any credible evidence, would HMRC not have been raiding our offices long before now?

The implication that we fudge our income surely has a massive knock on implication of tax fraud?
if we fudged our income then we paid more tax, there happy as far as i know

But if they do, it is pretty serious.

That bit is in there as awell. It is basically a claim that the stakes are high. While it is encouraging that the higher they are the more difficult to prove, it remains the case that if at all proven, it is a severe outcome.

I highly doubt they have any 'smoking gun' or a whistleblower/s.

This is the PL not government/international agencies who have the means to investigate.

If they had evidence of 9 years of fraud then the CFG and any other offices would have been raided by now.

I think they have the same evidence as UEFA and there are some things that need explaining, i.e. renumeration for players and managers, if we're being funded by the owner through Etihad etc.

Exactly. Not just HMRC but the UK Financial Crimes Unit and the Police.

Something nagging?

If the Premier League have us bang to rights, why do they even need an independent commission to seal the deal?

Why extend us that courtesy, is it the chain of rule book procedure?

I don't understand why the Premier League would want to run the risk of their own findings being dismissed out of hand?

Especially so, when City are the ones who have been pushing for four years for our name to be cleared by an independent panel?

Something doesn't smell right, I had the same sense prior to CAS that a piecemeal arrangement had already been weighted in our favour?

I’m guessing here, but can the PL impose sanctions/charges if they’ve not got all the evidence? If we’ve not cooperated they can’t have all the evidence. If that makes sense?

I’ve no idea why, and only have a basic knowledge of law. But i get the feeling the PL aren’t that committed to this. And their commitment and confidence must surely have taken a hit with the clubs fairly robust reply and some half decent journalists questioning the whole thing.

Will we have that shit hot woman that took the cas case on when pannick was double booked or something ? Forget her name , her on the team would be brilliant

HMRC prosecute city for paying too much tax?

Mistakes? In order for City to have done what the Prem has charged they are basically a corrupt organization from top to bottom willfully running a quasi-criminal enterprise for the better part of FIFTEEN years while conspiring with or defrauding an entire sub industry including investors (Spring Lake), auditors, players, managers, agents, officials, supporters and whoever else. Not buying it. This is a matter of intentional extreme overkill by the Prem in the hopes that something or other might stick while at the same time attempting to hinder our ability to succeed on the pitch and in the transfer market. I'm past opinions. This is the reality for anyone with the slightest bit of savvy of how the wheels go round and round. Are you sitting there and watching...
Nutshell.

I spoke to Mrs Wolviedinho who will tolerate I may have an unhealthy obsession with City and is quite up to date with the football world.

Anyway, she said its a load of shit. We are being used and abused by the premier, Uefa and other clubs for in her words…”doing what everyone else has done”.

Case closed -:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.