PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Probably more a Colin or Stefan question, but from a legal perspective the idea of dishonestly providing improper accounts would essentially make them not legal. The idea of good faith is an honest belief of the preparers and those who sign them off that they are true and accurate.
Anything dishonest per statutory accounts is an offence. But mistakes are not necessarily dishonest. Bad faith in providing information to the PL is not illegal but it would be a breach of the PL rules. Bad faith leading to dishonesty and/or false accounting is an offence and serious. Split PL Rules and statutory accounts. Split dishonesty from inadvertent mistakes and from negligent auditing. And around the edges are lots of allegations and grey. I could go on but you get the idea.

If all this extra money that has been diverted via Etihad, Al Jazzera and Fordham is accounted for and the correct tax paid by all parties I imagine there is nothing illegal by law. I would imagine if the club were inflating income City could have been paying too much tax.

What we are accused of her is doing things not in the spirit of the rule book. The FFP rules in 2009 were not in play yet but we’re coming down the track. Could the club argue that as these were new rules there are interpretations of what a club could and couldn’t do to be in line for when FFP was introduced.

There is no spirit in the FFP rule book & how they applied it.

Thanks.
On this basis it appears that the image rights issues MIGHT be time barred?
There doesn't appear to have been any withholding any information as it appears to have been widely known about at the time by everyone including UEFA!
I havent checked the relevant dates because I don't think it is very important in the grand scheme but I think it would be difficult for the PL to demonstrate concealment of any of the Fordham matters (if those are the charges) - personally never thought it was very interesting (and nor did UEFA).

I got that, but it is also a valid question which I thought was worth answering. Probably one others are asking as well.
I'm glad you brought this up, I was thinking about it earlier.
There is a lot of well deserved gratitude to experts in their field, like your good self and other notables, but I would also like to extend my thanks to the people that ask the 'obvious' question.
I know it is a training course cliche but there really isn't such thing as a stupid question, so thanks to those that do pipe up when they don't understand.
I don't need it myself, of course, I get this shit back to front and upside down for breakfast - just thanking for a friend obvs...

For the love of God, its a witch hunt. They brought FFP into Europe to stop us and now we have this hail Mary attempt to stop our rebuild.
I don't understand why so many (so called) blues are taking the media view of automatic guilt. Its not a case of taking of blue tinted glasses, but looking at the approach to us since 2008 and the growing anti city drive since Sergio scored.

For the love of God, its a witch hunt. They brought FFP into Europe to stop us and now we have this hail Mary attempt to stop our rebuild.
I don't understand why so many (so called) blues are taking the media view of automatic guilt. Its not a case of taking of blue tinted glasses, but looking at the approach to us since 2008 and the growing anti city drive since Sergio scored.
Ignoring the obvious wummers I'm not sure there's that many Blues who think we are guilty (excepting non-cooperation with UEFA at least).

The ones who do think that spend too much time on social media IMHO.

Just when you thought things were calming down in the press Yves Leterme seems to be throwing as much shit at the wall as he can...

Ignoring the obvious wummers I'm not sure there's that many Blues who think we are guilty (excepting non-cooperation with UEFA at least).

The ones who do think that spend too much time on social media IMHO.
I stay well away from social media pal, unfortunately most of the drivel posted on social media then gets posted in here by invariably knob heads

Just when you thought things were calming down in the press Yves Leterme seems to be throwing as much shit at the wall as he can...

The 7th line on the very first paragraph of that article tells you everything you need to know about Tariq Panja.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.