PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If they’re that transparent then they’re more amateurish than I initially thought. And that would take some doing!
Everton intend to appeal the sanction, & are claiming the effect of COVID & continued lockdowns for their losses.

Government Ministers have just weighed in urging the immediate introduction of an independent regulator & to suspend the 10 point deduction whilst Everton appeal.

Sports Lawyers are saying it's highly unusual for a ruling like this with an immediate appeal, leading to an immediate points deduction.

They've pointed to cases in Italy, Turkey & the Football League where the points deductions were stayed, pending the outcome of an appeal, & they're questioning the haste the points have been chopped. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

This just shows what hiring the best in the legal business can do for you, which Everton clearly have not. There was absolutely no need for Everton's statement to make reference to other cases. Our case is entirely independent of their own and should be kept that way. The essential claim of whataboutery is a very weak tenet upon which to lodge a legal defence.

Our case will be judged upon its facts and nothing else.
Hiring the best lawyers? Several media took that as evidence that we were guilty. Henry Winter in The Times argued that we did that to kick the UEFA charges into the long grass and now maintains that our lawyers are there just to cause delay. YCNMIU.

Does seem very harsh actually. It has been decided that the relevent losses over the monitoring period were 124.5 mill, which is more than the permitted 105 mill.

That was my thought when I read that info.

I suspect the 10 pts is ready for an appeal to reduce it significantly/suspend part.

Everton intend to appeal the sanction, & are claiming the effect of COVID & continued lockdowns for their losses.

Government Ministers have just weighed in urging the immediate introduction of an independent regulator & to suspend the 10 point deduction whilst Everton appeal.

Sports Lawyers are saying it's highly unusual for a ruling like this with an immediate appeal, leading to an immediate points deduction.

They've pointed to cases in Italy, Turkey & the Football League where the points deductions were stayed, pending the outcome of an appeal, & they're questioning the haste the points have been chopped. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Sounds like popcorn time!

Exactly. Any sympathy I felt for them evaporated with that sly dig which is obviously aimed at ourselves, although Chelsea appear to be in the frame now as well.
Im not sure it was a direct dig at us, Chelsea are abiut to be investigated and while tge Rags are known to have failed Uefa FFP they may yet be investigated by th PL. ( I somehow kept a straight face then). Surely with this precident set they will be under huge pressure to investigate other clubs as well.

Does anyone know how much United breach UEFA FFP by?
If they breached UEFA FFP then don't they automatically breach PL as well, and if so are they going to be getting a PL points deduction?
I don't have the figure but allowable losses for UEFA FFP are far lower than PL FFP. Breaching one doesn't necessarily mean you've breached the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.