PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Edited for you at the end

So why did scruffy Jim the new owner of the worlds most indebted club go to see the Lord mayor of Greater Manchester ?

It transpires he went seeking support for a few billion quid of UK tax payer money to pay for a new 100,000 capacity super swamp. That takes some brass neck from a tax exile who left the UK years ago for permanent residence in Monaco. But the genius idea that none could foresee, it would be called the "Wembley of the North". The absurdity of a club that has done its upmost to stop investors into any other club now has the slight problem of being £1.5b in debt and needing another £3b to re-build the swamp. But wait there's more, the new Wembley would include cinemas, restaurants and 'other' leisure facilities. That should be a really interesting business case, unless I'm mistaken I'm sure there is something similar about half a mile down the road, I think its called the Trafford Centre.
To paraphrase a quote from The Sopranos

“He’s like a woman with a Virginia ham under his arm, crying the blues because she has no bread”

Sums up Scruffy Jim and his request to have the taxpayer pay for his new stadium.

Well you tax dodging ****, you saved 4 billion quid by having non-dom status so pay for it your fucking self. You bought the shit club and the shit hole it's plays in, you fix it yourself but not with my money.

So this is a long, but interesting, treatment of the Everton case. Implications for City mentioned extensively. Of most interest, though, is the assessment of the lack of independence of the Independent Commission - particularly the failure to ensure that basic protocols are in place to ensure independence.

https://churchcourtchambers.co.uk/evertons-points-deduction-and-their-legal-path-ahead-yasin-patel/

Thanks for that. An interesting read, even if they got the PL rules about procedure and sanctions wrong, didn't entertain the idea that City may not be found guilty (until the end) and duplicated an entire paragraph at some stage, each of which makes me question competence.

Something that surprises me, though, is that no-one ever raises the lack of a sanction structure in the rules when talking about Everton's defence. Surely there has to be some clarity on punishnent if you expect to judge a club's behaviour? If every man and his dog expected financial sanctions against FFP rule breaches then surely the PL should stick to that or notify clubs on a timely basis that sporting sanctions would just as likely follow. Rather than just picking a severe sanction out of a hat with no warning?

So why did scruffy Jim the new owner of the worlds most indebted club go to see the Lord mayor of Greater Manchester ?

It transpires he went seeking support for a few billion quid of UK tax payer money to pay for a new 100,000 capacity super swamp. That takes some brass neck from a tax exile who left the UK years ago for permanent residence in Monaco. But the genius idea that none could foresee, it would be called the "Wembley of the North". The absurdity of a club that has done its upmost to stop investors into any other club now has the slight problem of being £1.5b in debt and needing another £3b to re-build the swamp. But wait there's more, the new Wembley would include cinemas, restaurants and 'other' leisure facilities. That should be a really interesting business case, unless I'm mistaken I'm sure there is something similar about half a mile down the road, I think its called Stretford Arndale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.