PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is the biggest question that no one, in the media, ever asks. The PL is a fantastic product followed worldwide and the PL and government are in the process of fucking it up. Why FFS?
Khaldoon said in his end of season interview 2 or 3 seasons ago I think it was that people in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks and that in the interest of the EPL as a whole discussion should take place how to further enhance its appeal rather than certain unnamed clubs making City’s success an excuse for their own failings. He virtually foresees the serious harm the EPL was and is now doing to itself in that interview.
I can be a bit of a fanny about the 115 mind you, but was reminded of the Club statement by the earlier post linking the Facebook city fan at Maine road page.
I reread the club statement and it says it all. Khaldoon and the board know what they are doing. They need add no more to the statement and we should trust in their integrity.
Despite it being almost beyond belief that the EPL issued the charges without very compelling evidence it is even further beyond belief that our Executive Management would involve dozens of significantly powerful businessmen, accountants, and Royalty in a sophisticated (or maybe not so sophisticated) fraud.
So chin up and carry on

Rangers were almost destroyed by this kind of kangaroo court full of haters, ten years later it was deemed a malicious prosecution but the damage to the club finances and playing squad were enormous
Come off it. They were taken over by a delusional chancer with no money who financed the running of the club by mortgaging future season ticket income. They had been overspending for years and eventually it caught up with them.

The club was liquidated. It ceased to exist. That was before the shell company, Sevco, bought up some of the assets (including Ibrox) from the liquidator and blagged their way back into the lower reaches of the SPFL.

There was an attempted stich-up to keep Sevco in the SPL but it fell apart after a determined show of solidarity by supporters of all other SPL clubs who threatened walk away from Scottish Football completely.

It is delusional to think that Sevco were ‘victimised’.

Next you'll be telling me Wrexham, the Fairytale, Cinderella story Club are being looked into.

Maybe the plan is to charge nearly everyone and then say the problem is so widescale that to continue charging and punishing clubs would be detrimental to the grassroots of the game and that the PL are calling an amnesty for the good of the game as a whole. Wouldn't put it past them.
I can already see it in the 'And in other news, ...the sea is wet' section.

This is turning from a complete fucking shambles to a complete and utter fucking shambles.
As I said in the Chelsea thread, it's even worse than it appears. We all know that clubs have to sell their academy crown jewels to meet arbitrary FFP limits these days (sustainability my arse) but Newcastle now are not playing Lewis Hall because they are committed to buying him from Chelsea if he plays a number of games and they can't because of FFP so they have to play Dan fucking Burn at left back. It's not just affecting strategy any more, its affecting tactics .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.