PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yeah, kind of misses the point though. There are fans that are prepared to walk away from the club because they believe the only information they are getting, from the media. I think it would be good for the club to defend themselves. (more)
Do you believe if we put out a statement, they'd get different information from the media?

Just a thought. In extreme case how exactly will the legislation stop English (or Scottish) clubs from joining a Super Lge? Sure there might be a whacking great fine but to make the prospect work the hit could be covered by the lure of massively increased commercial revenues and a giant cash injection from the new Lge for joining up.
Does this legislation try to prevent a football business from running from the UK and having no part of the existing footy infrastructure and establishment….. once expelled?
In this instance it would be comparable to a UK business operating in the UK but having no home market. Nothing illegal about that!
Crazy of course. But the more bruises the English clubs take, the crazier the Prem and FA administration becomes and the more the EPL’s stature and status diminishes, the more attractive alternative radical options will appear to owners who are being increasingly bullied and disadvantaged.

The IFR only applies to England and Wales

It will require a license from the FIR to operate as a football club

The IFR will operate a licensing system where all clubs in scope will require a licence to operate. The intention is for the scope to cover all clubs in the top 5 tiers of men’s English football.

Rag?? I have supported this club for over 30 years!! my very first city memory was my dad taking me to platt lane to meet the players when I was really sick as a kid! I had to go to alder hey children’s hospital for major surgery! My mums friend husband use to drive the coaches for the players in the 70’s! Finglands
I think they were called! Anyway he knew Julia mcrindle who put my dad intouch with her! Told her my story and she arranged for me to meet all the players at platt lane before I was due in to have surgery! I don’t see why I have to justify myself to you anyway, but you have really pissed me off with your comment
Typical rag

Rag?? I have supported this club for over 30 years!! my very first city memory was my dad taking me to platt lane to meet the players when I was really sick as a kid! I had to go to alder hey children’s hospital for major surgery! My mums friend husband use to drive the coaches for the players in the 70’s! Finglands
I think they were called! Anyway he knew Julia mcrindle who put my dad intouch with her! Told her my story and she arranged for me to meet all the players at platt lane before I was due in to have surgery! I don’t see why I have to justify myself to you anyway, but you have really pissed me off with your comment

Don’t take it personally, If you’re not being called a rag on here once a month you’re not really doing things right.

The IFR will operate a licensing system where all clubs in scope will require a licence to operate. The intention is for the scope to cover all clubs in the top 5 tiers of men’s English football.

And regulated clubs will be prohibited from entering a prohibited competition. A prohibited competition is one that, inter alia, is not merit-based, or jeopardises existing competitions or harms the heritage of English football.

So they can't just decide to up and leave. They legally can't leave at all.

No one is expecting Khaldoon to call up TS and give it the big one, but the club has not issued a statement about this for over a year. I fail to see how a brief statement about our engagement with the process; the absence of any substantive evidence; asserting that the delay is down to the process, not us; and reaffirming our innocence would be against the club’s best interests. If those four elements are true (which I believe they are) I can’t see why that doesn’t happen, given the length of time for this still to play out and recent events in relation to other clubs.

I can see nothing wrong with the club reaffirming its position at this stage.
I tend to agree with the caveat it could be we just don't want to feed the troll

Once the IR is in place that’s 100% correct but at this moment there is almost a vacuum
We all know what happened last time the SL was mooted but there does seem to be a massive backlash at this time against the PL . I don’t know if it’s close enough to result in a mutiny akin to crickets Packer

It would require clubs and players to set up outside the FA/UEFA /PL and FIFA and would suffer fines and points deductions .

With Packer and the recent golf breakaway it’s amazing how quickly these breakaways re integrate back into main stream

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.