PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What happens if the pl drop the charges can City insist the case isnt dropped to prove how bent the pl is ?

Can you imagine the pl statement 'The pl didnt want to bring these charges but were blackmailed by the 3 red tops +1"
PL can withdraw at any moment they wish, then its up to city what they do,if the pruduct has been damaged by the PL or other sources then i imagine they will sue for those damages

Just watching the typical city interview with Stefan. Interesting part for me
, Stefan mentions the following ' either the alleged fraud did not occur, or, the independent commission is not able to establish to the necessary legal standard that these things occurred'

and right there in that last part could be the PL get out of jail card statement and finding. It would find no charge (except for maybe non co-operation) but leave the red shirts and media to still say city are guilty but got off on a technicality once again

@KS55 - this a possibility maybe

That is almost certainly the outcome.

They won't be able to prove it (the most serious charges) either because it didn't happen or because they will not have access to the evidence they need to prove it.

People can say what they like. Who cares?

Edit: I should have said the most serious charges. Amended above. They can still have some success on non-compliance and, probably, some disclosure issues.

Last edited:
PB.

I asked the question. Don’t think it got a reply looking back. Do you know the reason or reasons why 1 of the 3 CAS Judges found City guilty? Was their reason/reasons ever stated in the judges final decisions? Thanks.
CAS provided an adjudicator. City proposed one & UEFA the other, presumably to provide balance.

It was the Panel member proposed by UEFA who (surprise surprise) founded against us if memory serves me right.

However, it really shouldn't come as that much of a surprise because if the plank agreed with City, that'd be the end of his lucrative association with UEFA.

You say that but the CAS verdict was quite clear that there was no issue with either the Etihad contract (most of which wasn't time-barred) or the Etisalat contract (which was). Yet people like Jordan still go on about time-barring when it had zero impact on the outcome.
Any chance of a definitive layman's rebuttal of this PB?

I usually say 'only a tiny percentage of the charges were time barred and City had them covered anyway'.

Obviously I'm winging it in on the subject. Is that broadly correct though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.