PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

City eventually confirmed the veracity of the emails with the evidence they provided anyway. The point is that the emails were carefully selected by Der Spiegl to show City in an apparently bad light. They published very selective extracts of those six emails. Over five million of City's documents were hacked but just six random emails, some dating back before FFP existed, were published and at least one of them had been doctored. CAS accepted their veracity as emails with the caveats they stated but then dismissed them totally as evidence of any wrongdoing. Yet apparently the PL are re-visiting them.

They didn’t dismiss them totally, they said they weren’t evidence enough due to the evidence we provided ourselves (in particular the witness statements). They did say that Uefa were right to charge us on the basis of those emails, and that we didn’t provide them with the evidence we subsequently did at CAS.

With the PL, there’s only really two scenarios I can think. One is that they’ve only gone off the emails and the subsequent leaks too, and we’ve taken a similar approach to Uefa in that we will only present all the evidence when it gets to the next stage. That would explain the non co-operation charges too. The one thing against that though is this time we’ve said we’ve already provided irrefutable proof, and the CAS judgment itself would be part of it. Either way though, if they have just done that, I expect a very similar outcome as to what we got at CAS.

The other is that the PL have some evidence that we just don’t know about. I’m very dubious about that though as I’m sure that would have made its way into the public domain at some point.

I think the two issues get mixed up on this thread, and I admit I am as guilty as anyone for doing this. The first is the matter of the 115 very serious charges brought against us by the PL. Fortunately we have briefed Lord Pannick to argue our case and I think we are very safe in his hands. In addition we trust our owners and opinion on here appears to be overwhelmingly that our evidence is indeed irrefutable. What we find impossibly difficult at times is to keep the PL charges separate from our belief that the PL is little, if anything, more or less than a vehicle for the protection of the "red cartel" as Sir Mark Hendrick describes it. Lord Pannick will not fall into this trap but what our club should be doing, and I'd be surprised if it isn't, and our fan organisations should be doing as well, is making representations to MPs and other representative bodies to ensure the regulations which the IR works with are in the best interests of football and the fans. What our owners have done for our club and our city are models for the English game.

I've shared that TEN YEAR OLD article with various LCFC fans, a Blackburn fan & a West Ham fan this morning and it's fair to say the penny is finally dropping.

I've also shared it with a Rag & dipper or two - not a fucking word.

I suggest we all share the fuck out of this and mobilise others to do so. If it's down to Bluemoon to start the revolution, so be it.

Let's have it...
This would be a good time for 1894 to put a massive banner together, in the style of those ultras things, like the one they did about UEFA, stating that FPP is to close the door on competition or something. It would get media coverage and state the club's case well. Arsenal would have been perfect. I'd contribute.

"FPP - Damaging the Many to Protect the Few" or "FPP - Closing The Drawbridge" with the badges of Liverpool and Arsenal in it os summat like that.

We really have become Schrodingers Football Club....

Simultaneously a big 6 club who are trying to shaft little clubs to keep all the cash for ourselves
...and one of the ones who are being shafted by the big 6 and charged with financial crimes for breaking it
...and we are a big 6 favourite of the PL who are desperately delaying our case
...and hated by the PL who brought the case against us
...and loved by the establishment only interested in charging non-big 6 clubs like Everton, Leicester and Forest ...and hated as we're using expensive lawyers that the PL can't afford to compete with.

It's all a bit confusing isn't it.

When you attempt to discuss this subject with a rival fan always remember the Dunning Kruger effect, they have not got a clue but think they have because they have read some click bait article about it actually it's pointless trying to educate them their ears and minds are closed
It's pointless to try. You can state a watertight case on behalf of City,. The person you are convincing may even walk away wondering if they have it all wrong.
But, once they get back onto the media carousel they will be bombarded with the usual tropes again.
This situation will be won in the courts, not on the streets. That battle is already lost.
I swerve folk asking about it, these days. Fighting the media and oppo fans narrative is like sticking your finger in a rhinos arsehole to stop it shitting. You just end up annoyed, with shit all over you.

This would be a good time for 1894 to put a massive banner together, in the style of those ultras things, like the one they did about UEFA, stating that FPP is to close the door on competition or something. It would get media coverage and state the club's case well. Arsenal would have been perfect. I'd contribute.

"FPP - Damaging the Many to Protect the Few" or "FPP - Closing The Drawbridge" with the badges of Liverpool and Arsenal in it os summat like that.
Post of your life that DD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.