PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If I am understanding this correctly it seems that the wording of the rules in question was the basis for the appeal to be successful, I am sure out lawyers will also be all over the wording and how it applies in our case. It would be very interesting if part of our pre hearing submittals were about interpretation of the wording of the rules.

With this development setting a precident it may be a case that some of our current charges could get dropped as they know an appeal would now apply the same standards.

While I am not sure if this represents a "home run" for us it does paint the PL as being a little incompetent in the understanding and application of their own rules.
A little?

Leicester City welcomes the Appeal Board’s comprehensive decision, which supports our consistently stated position that any action against the Club should be pursued in accordance with the applicable rules.

To avoid any misunderstandings which may arise in light of the statement which has been issued by the Premier League in response to the appeal decision, Leicester City wishes to emphasise the finding of the Appeal Panel that, when considering the wording which is actually used in the Premier League rules (in accordance with established principles of English law) the Club did not breach the Premier League PSRs for the assessment period ending 30 June 2023.

In its decision, the Appeal Board (which was made of up a panel of three experienced, senior lawyers, two of whom are former Court of Appeal judges) identifies flaws in the drafting of the Premier League’s rules. In challenging the Premier League’s attempts to charge Leicester City, the Club has simply sought to ensure (in the interests of providing consistency and certainty for all clubs) that the rules are applied based on how they are actually written.
So the PL are bad losers too, and are still spinning falsehood about the reasons for their losing?

Are the red shirters fuming yet

Red Cafe cunts are livid :-)

Meanwhile Guardiola and the cheats rocket straight to the top of the league like nothing ever happened. :rolleyes:

Lining up the city whitewash.

Man City…. precedent set ?

Are the red shirters fuming yet
I’m booking the day off when it’s announced for City. Multi screened, Twitter, YouTube, Radio, Rawk, Cafe, Sky.

I don’t think I will make it through the bouts of severe self pleasuring watching years of delusion and entitlement come crashing down on the mindless baboons and half empty brains powered by sausage rolls and Carling in Scouse Land and Stretford. I can only feel bad for the abused wives that will follow.

Don’t think there’ll be enough alcohol to contain me.

I know some time has passed since you posted this, but presumably (obviously?), all these witnesses will testify in the upcoming case?
They shouldn't need to, if all the witnesses were doing was denying allegations that were not supported by any evidence, just fishing and speculating.

I’m already seeing biased reporting on the Leicester verdict.
Sky saying Leicester have gotten away with it on a ‘technicality’
No, they shouldn’t have even been charged in the first place.
Under the premier league rules, their rules, Leicester was outside their remit.

Even the whitewashing doesn’t really cut it.

Any proper rule making body would not leave room for “technicality” get outs.

The bottom line, no matter how it’s spun, is they’re fucking wank.

What has stefan Borsan had to say about this??? Can anyone put his tweets on here

Even the whitewashing doesn’t really cut it.

Any proper rule making body would not leave room for “technicality” get outs.

The bottom line, no matter how it’s spun, is they’re fucking wank.

Maybe they left the back doors in the rules for their golden teams to use if they had to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.