PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A problem highlighted perhaps with so much " buried " deep within, being the " supposed purpose " for the instigation for the charges.

Perhaps certain , more favoured clubs, have more to conceal than the party actually being villified as being the criminal.

Football management is clearly a very secretive and questionable business for some.

Allies ready to assist in the process become very valuable assets - again with figures not shown within the company accounts.

But as one supporter to another @bridgeno1 , perhaps you can help throw some light on it ?

Here's what they've been paying in interest vs what BOE base rates were at the time. Note the loan was given as a way of refinancing existing debt for the stadium as opposed to being used to buy players.

I'd say any independent auditor may query why the interest % paid in 2022-23 was lower vs previous periods when the BOE base rate was higher TBH. I doubt Arsenal were offered a 0% balance transfer deal on their credit card.

View attachment 134521
this must be right as it's an excel spreadsheet from twitter.

It's not looking good for us so don't build your hopes up.

Bloody typical City!!

Fuming about this, I’m no lawyer but even I could have brought a defence.

These lawyers we have got are paid millions and they cannot think of a defence despite being give irrefutable evidence from the club.

Amateur hour!!

No that's wrong. City have challenged the idea that 'soft' shareholder loans (be they zero or low interest or market rate interest) are not currently considered an APT when they clearly are.

What this means is that clubs like Arsenal will have to have the value of those soft loans assessed (and that's a separate thing to what level of interest they are paying) and that value will then be included in the PSR calculation.

Another interesting thing is people saying 'oh they'll just convert to equity' - well apparently equity can't be directly injected by owners otherwise City & Newcastle would just blow everyone else out of the water anyway.

PSR is only calculated on earnings generated, its going to take some financial gymnastics by the cartel clubs to get rid of those loans from a PSR perspective.

Also, bear in mind that the only reason Arsenals soft loans are done at interest level they are is to satisfy UEFA's PSR rules which don't allow zero interest loans.
I think its interesting too that Everton have an opportunity to wipe the slate clean wrt to these loans when the takeover happens.

From what I've seen its pretty much only when ownership changes that equity can flow into the club so if Everton's new owners take the opportunity to clear the debt they will be OK, Its hard to see retrospective action being taken when some of the cartel clubs have much to lose so they won't vote for that.

Arsenal and Brighton (smug cunts) are a different situation. I think this might hurt them.

Utd less so as they have real loans, not soft ones and so they do actually pay for that money and their income covers it (for now). The Glazers might be cunts but from a financial point of view they have been very clever.

The INEOS thing is interesting, there's a good article on the athletic about the demise of the Team SKY cycling team post INEOS takeover. Also NICE have done fuck all under INEOS so I don't see why Utd fans saw that deal as a panacea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.