PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Spit badmouthing us again to the American audience. Basically calling our accounts fraudulent. According to Sky we don’t have any viewers because people don’t care yet he won’t shut the fuck up the spitting tramp. This interview in a nutshell is every bitter, twisted, jealous red cartel view.

No mention we won the recent case and no mention that we had the biggest audience last year from the states.

On Manchester City's legal case​

GOAL: I wanted to ask about Man City and the 115 charges against them for alleged breaches of Premier League rules. How do you think that gets resolved?
Carragher
: You know what? I'm not sure it ever gets resolved. Because I think in some ways, no matter what happens, if City are found to be proven not guilty, I think most people in the country, certainly fans of rival teams will all believe they have done it - it's just that they've got the best lawyers. So it'll never go away.

And if they are found guilty, City will come out and say, ‘It was persecution from the Premier League - United, Liverpool and Arsenal don't want the new kids in town coming and taking their trophies,’ or, ‘that’s the world we live in.’
I'm just tired and bored of it, if I'm being honest. Some of the things City claim… sometimes I just can't believe… when they claim that they bring in more revenue than anybody else, like Real Madrid, and teams like that, I’m like, ‘behave.”

"If they broke the rules that they signed up for as every other Premier League club did, they should be punished, and punished very, very heavily." - Carragher, on charges against Man City

I know that myself in the media, if I do a newspaper article on Liverpool or Man United, the amount of clicks is going to get compared to City because people aren't as interested in Manchester City. That's not a criticism, that's just a fact. We know that from viewing figures on Sky Sports. If Man United or Liverpool play they go through the roof. If Manchester City, it doesn't move the needle. And again, it's not a criticism, it's just a fact.
We know those things. They’re facts. So for City to say that they bring in more revenue than some of the biggest clubs in the Premier League or Real Madrid is just a nonsense.

But we want it over. We want to be talking about football on the pitch. Manchester City, they’ve got an unbelievable manager, an unbelievable team. We want to get back to judging them as a football team on the pitch, but if they broke the rules that they signed up for as every other Premier League club did, they should be punished, and punished very, very heavily.
What a complete arsehole.

Spit badmouthing us again to the American audience. Basically calling our accounts fraudulent. According to Sky we don’t have any viewers because people don’t care yet he won’t shut the fuck up the spitting tramp. This interview in a nutshell is every bitter, twisted, jealous red cartel view.

No mention we won the recent case and no mention that we had the biggest audience last year from the states.

GOAL: I wanted to ask about Man City and the 115 charges against them for alleged breaches of Premier League rules. How do you think that gets resolved?
Carragher
: You know what? I'm not sure it ever gets resolved. Because I think in some ways, no matter what happens, if City are found to be proven not guilty, I think most people in the country, certainly fans of rival teams will all believe they have done it - it's just that they've got the best lawyers. So it'll never go away.

And if they are found guilty, City will come out and say, ‘It was persecution from the Premier League - United, Liverpool and Arsenal don't want the new kids in town coming and taking their trophies,’ or, ‘that’s the world we live in.’
I'm just tired and bored of it, if I'm being honest. Some of the things City claim… sometimes I just can't believe… when they claim that they bring in more revenue than anybody else, like Real Madrid, and teams like that, I’m like, ‘behave.”

"If they broke the rules that they signed up for as every other Premier League club did, they should be punished, and punished very, very heavily." - Carragher, on charges against Man City

I know that myself in the media, if I do a newspaper article on Liverpool or Man United, the amount of clicks is going to get compared to City because people aren't as interested in Manchester City. That's not a criticism, that's just a fact. We know that from viewing figures on Sky Sports. If Man United or Liverpool play they go through the roof. If Manchester City, it doesn't move the needle. And again, it's not a criticism, it's just a fact.
We know those things. They’re facts. So for City to say that they bring in more revenue than some of the biggest clubs in the Premier League or Real Madrid is just a nonsense.

But we want it over. We want to be talking about football on the pitch. Manchester City, they’ve got an unbelievable manager, an unbelievable team. We want to get back to judging them as a football team on the pitch, but if they broke the rules that they signed up for as every other Premier League club did, they should be punished, and punished very, very heavily.
I found myself reading that in his horrible scouse accent

If we get cleared of the major charges, there are literally millions of people who do not have the emotional tools to cope with it in a healthy way.

Not saying that it's the club's problem of course but the fallout will be huge not only on a corporate scale - there will be meltdowns that cost people jobs and relationships. It's quite scary to think about.

My boss is an Arsenal fan and he makes enough snide comments to me as it is, I dread to think what'll happen when we're cleared.
Before going self employed I used to just ignore any anti City rhetoric but when we unexpectedly got a result against all odds I'd revel in it, just tell your gaffer he's a "Tarquin", should be enough to rile him.

He and his rat faced friend still seem unable to grasp the basic economic principle that a team that won the treble in a season (in the richest league in the world) and added the supercup and club world Cup would maximise their sponsorship income (winners bonuses), maximise their TV income (more games on the box than anybody else so more dosh) and max their trophy winners income all in the same year.
Who does he think should have earned more than City that year? Scousepool for winning the Carabou Cup because they have more fans in Malaysia? Do fuck off Jamie you thick scouse ****. They live in the fantasy land that thinks clubs earn big money from shirt sales. They don't.

He also had to resign as PM because his government was accused of seeking to influence the verdict of the Brussels appeal court.
He was corrupt to the core and proved it at UEFA with two cases which followed each other, ours and PSG. In our case CAS took him apart in our interrogatory appeal. The British press just ignored that. In the PSG case, UEFA appealed against themselves, shocked by his antics. Still our press failed to mention it.

Carragher

He's still relying on his own fantasies rather than using facts to comment on things he knows nothing about. He's an embarrassment on a par with sad little Tebas.

Carragher

I’ve felt for some time that Carragher sails far closer to the wind in terms of what he says about City’s finances than pretty much any other mainstream broadcaster. He’s essentially accusing the club of committing industrial scale fraud there, in terms of our turnover numbers. I don’t think there’s any other reasonable way of evaluating what he’s said there in the penultimate paragraph.

It also exposes an inability (or wilful blindness) to undertake a simple analysis of the numbers, because City’s turnover is essentially pretty simple maths that is significantly made up in recent years of the largest TV revenue of any team in world football and huge levels of prize money, figures for which are readily and publicly available, especially to someone like Carragher. It’s actually pretty straightforward to see where the rump of City’s revenue comes from, given how successful we’ve been over the last decade. Any person with a modicum of understanding about simple accountancy principles should be able to grasp how the numbers are broadly arrived at.

Thinking this through logically, Carragher would certainly not be questioning the club’s turnover if it wasn’t for the subsistence of the 115 charges. They plainly embolden him and provide a gateway for him to do so. On the basis the relevant charges are dismissed ((or equivalent) I also have no doubt that he will desist from questioning the numbers and/or will be restrained from so doing by the legal bods at the various broadcasters he works for. Given all that, if those charges are dismissed, I wonder what steps (if any) the club will take against him personally, given what he has repeatedly said has gone beyond the routine nods, winks and innuendo.

Maybe they’ll just leave it, or simply be happy to accept a public apology, but I do think he’s exposed himself in a way that pretty much the rest of his cohort haven’t.

Carragher

This is exactly the same as the other Liverpool fans I spoke to. They have been spoon-fed glory, righteousness, European nights, and the noise of the Kop since they were babies. They cannot accept that another has superseded them. They refute ALL evidence of such. They will not accept that it is for any reason other than corruption or cheating. If we win, they will not accept it. If we lose, they are the rightful champions and saviours of the game.

Carragher

There is so much wrong with this but i will just focus on the one thing that makes him symptomatic of the current dinosaur thinking in football. He genuinely cant understand how citys revenue work on the assumption that the rags, dippers etc were good in the past, well at one time nokia were the biggest phone brand in the world now its apple, at one time blockbuster were the biggest video distributor in the world now its netflix, at one time gm were the biggest car company in america now its tesla, the commonality in all these companies is exactly what you see at the rags and dippers all of them thought they were too big to fail and there name alone would endure so they failed to innovate and move forward and by the time they realised they needed to, it was too late and that is why you hear these dinosaurs in the media who still think the game is in the 80s and 90s and things are the same, its embarrassing that they are too thick to realise otherwise and they will fall just as nokia did, sky isnt long for the pl, amazon, dazn, netflix are ready to take a huge bite out of that pie.

And that is just ONE of the glaringly stupid observations in that interview, carragher really needs to stick to the old adage that it is better to remain silent and let everyone think you're an idiot that open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.