PL Ipswich Town (h) post match thread

Fair post. I think the billion pound figure won't stand up to scrutiny, frankly, but let that go. As for staying up, the problem is clearly now that there is a constant yo-yoing of teams who are just that bit too good for the Championship, but just not quite good enough for the Premier League. Perhaps they should create an intermediate league — the Premier Championship? You will have this problem. Sometimes, a team just survives by the skin of its teeth for one, two, or even three seasons, and then drops back down. I personally think that'll be Forest's scenario this season.
On another point entirely, addressed not just to you but to all blues who come up from London. Is the service between Euston and Manchester now, finally, reliable? It has been positively nightmarish for about three seasons, and I've taken to simply flying direct into Manchester (from abroad).
It would be nice to think I could take that train again. If it can be counted on…
There were problems coming back on Saturday, not entirely anybody's fault. Someone on the scheduled 1755 back to Euston had a heart attack (and sadly looked like they didn't pull through) so the train had to be cleared for the emergency services. It was cancelled and the one after it was already cancelled due, apparently to animals on the line earlier which had delayed incoming trains. To be fair to Avanti they reinstated the 1755 once the patient had been wheeled away, but it didn't leave until nearly an hour late.

In the main trains weren't at all bad in the second half of last season.

Ipswich fans would have left in their droves if Haaland scored 10 mins earlier.
They left in droves after the Haaland scored his 3rd.

We look sharper and fresher than we did before in our previous seasonal starts. Very pleasant to see.
to see the level we are at in our first 2 games with rodri missing and foden only playing half a game is a pleasant surprise will be interesting to see how we do against a very good west ham side.

I think you make some valid points here.

Man City were not at full flight, and we still lost 4-1 and you hit the bar twice, and I’m talking square on!

I also agree too many Town fans are taking Fulham for granted, and the relegation mini-league won’t perhaps include them, Palace, Brighton or Bournemouth. We need Everton to continue to implode along with Leicester. The video I shared does talk about looking ahead to Fulham a lot, and danger it’s positioned as a must win, when we’ve basically got a brand new team.

As for the atmosphere, some of the Town chants and leaving early - all covered in the video below. I don’t think Town fans really see City as plastic as United. We know swathes of you have been where we’ve been. But I think Town fans are a little surprised by the atmosphere in the PL so far. Liverpool away fans were dead quiet - we’re used to Leeds and Sheff Weds! Even QPR.

One question for you? Do you think the thrill of victory and goals has been diminished somewhat due to your continued and massive success?!? Leaving at 80mins is alien to us.

For those coming to Portman Road you’ll love it… club is very ingrained in what is a sleepy Suffolk Town… tractors arise!

Enjoy the rest of the season.

I think the lull is early down to expectation and it’s been regularly pointed out on her that the Etihad can be flat. I guess it could be partially down to expectancy or complacency, and that is to be expected. I also think there’s a fair amount of our fans simply not yet being used to what we’re seeing and it seems almost disrespectful to start shouting and screaming over what you’re watching.
There can be a great atmosphere at the Etihad but as many have said, it’s only when there’s real jeopardy in the game.

You’ll see at PR that our away fans are fantastic.

I hope you stay up, even though it was no fun getting relegated there. A game I was unfortunately at. But your manager seems game, you seem to be having a go..

Ipswich fans would have left in their droves if Haaland scored 10 mins earlier.
They left in droves after the Haaland scored his 3rd.

If those two shots that hit the bar would have gone in they would have fucked off at half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.