PL to block owners guilty of "human rights abuses"

Is the correct answer, it's always disappointing to see a Blue repeat this lie.

"A person or a company subject to government sanctions is also a disqualifying event, and the range of criminal offences that could result in disqualification has been extended to include offences involving violence, corruption, fraud, tax evasion and hate crimes."

That would see half the Bayern board disqualified, would it not?
It's not a lie, it's a grey area.

If you can clearly separate the UAE state from the individuals involved in the monarchy, then you should probably be a politician.

It's actually aimed at individuals, and let's face it, if our owner doesn't bear any responsibility for things that the UAE govt do, then I'm not sure who would qualify.

However, it does appear to be based on Govt legislation, so I wonder if it's more a box ticking exercise, which allows the PL to say that if these owners aren't being sanctioned by the govt already, then it's not the PL league's business to be stopping them?

Isn't it weird how the sport is being smashed around like a political football when they are complaining that they don't want any other interference from any other country other than murica.

It's fairly obvious this is American money talking through the PL and brown envelopes passed onto some government official who is doing their bidding.

maxresdefault.jpg

5a9ff48d5cc41025008b4589

Now, I'm not a fan of state ownership, but in our case see it as pretty much a necessary evil as the only way we'd ever have caught up.

But surely any real human rights abuse rule would rule it out completely - every nation in the world would surely fall foul of it.

EDIT: The article has now been expanded - I saw a brief summary with "more follows..." and it looks like it's aimed at individuals, so anyone involved in the running of a state would likely be caught up (e.g. our owner). However it also looks to be based on UK Govt legislation, so I wonder if it's something the PL have to do, and they can use it as an excuse to take no action (i.e. if the govt isn't sanctioning someone, then the PL isn't getting involved).

We are NOT state-owned.

The owner (singular) is HRH Sheik Mansour, though there has been investment from American and Chinese groups.

I presume its aimed at Newcastle. The rags won't fall foul of it as the Qatari who wants to buy them is just a normal every day high street banker. That is why themedia have been pushing it as an individual NOT connected to the government. A total lie, but hey, whose going to stop them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.