Places you wouldn't go back to in a hurry.

Torquay, I make it my mission in life to be as awkward as possible when dealing with anyone from Torquay. I have an irrational hatred for the place and anyone who lives there.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Torquay, I make it my mission in life to be as awkward as possible when dealing with anyone from Torquay. I have an irrational hatred for the place and anyone who lives there.

Would you bum Helen Chamerlains head off?

BimboBob said:
Corby.

I ran a company there once and we interviewed for drivers mates. The only criteria was that they could read a map. First bloke walks in, I check the form only to see he has put Scottish down as his nationality but was born in Corby. When I ask him if he has ever set foot in Scotland he says no. English then I say, crossing out his answer. He started to twitch. I asked him if he was ok. Aye was his response.

I then gave him a map and asked him to get me from A to B via the quickest route. After a lot of humming and aaaring he put the book slowly down on the table, got up, and told me to fuck off you English **** and left the room.

A one off I thought. The next bloke will be better.

How wrong was I. 20 applicants came through the door that day. 18 of them with broad Scottish accents but had never set foot in the place. 15 of them couldn't read a map. 3 tried but failed. 1 took me on a magical mystery tour. 1 got it right.

God I hate Corby.
Lol ! I worked for Mutual Clothing and Insurance in Leicester many years ago and we had a Branch in Corby. I'd often volunteer my day off to help with deliveries there, everywhere you went all you could here was Scotch done on purpose to wind any sweaty socks up accents.
Also had deliveries from sainsburys distribution, Corby and they were all sweatys too.

Rascal said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

Would you bum Helen Chamerlains head off?

Probably not, more cocks than second hand rifle.

Poznan. Depressing, grey, drab place, full of 6'5" mentalists who want to kill you because (apparently) Britain abandoned Poland in WW2

paphos-mcfc said:
Pyramids in Tegypt is probably one that I'd mention, not a nice experience if you like getting mithered to death.

Wisbech is another. Weird place where you'd expect the locals to speak another language. Give me 6 brother.

Anyone any stories of places they wouldn't go back to?

Agree on that
All i wanted to do is experience the wonders of the Pyramids but every 30 seconds someone was trying to sell me stuffed toy camels or replica Pyramids, even the tour guide was trying to sell me tat
Also Cairo is a mental city
As for the UK,Barrow-In-Furness. What a depressing town that it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.