Platini just wont go away will he...

mike channon´s windmill said:
Pam said:
Six year timetable for implementation and even then, these rules won't apply to domestic leagues.

Barca and RM won't go for it, anyway. Twattini is having a larf.

This - and we will be able to have as many sponsorship deals as we want - it´s included generated revenue
Yes, but Platini said he will "market test" them and disallow inflated sponsorships.

Or is my knowledge wrong or out of date? :(

Right, so the clubs in debt and in need of profits that will be boosted by Champions League football etc. are not allowed? He must have his head on backwards.

Since this was designed to keep City out and the G18 in, Platini will devise so many rules and regulations just about any club will fail to qualify. But I think I know the identity of the only club that will be scrutinised in any depth to ensure compliance.

why cant our owner purchase a "limited edition shirt" for £500million and therefore make the money equity?

dont get my wrong, im not complaining...

Wreckless Alec said:
Since this was designed to keep City out and the G18 in, Platini will devise so many rules and regulations just about any club will fail to qualify. But I think I know the identity of the only club that will be scrutinised in any depth to ensure compliance.

I believe city are now in the G18 - we took newcastles place when they got relagated

there are not many clubs making a profit in the premier league is there. i believe spurs are ok and arsenal, chelsea are in the same boat as us. typical might of known they would do it when weve got money.

The article fails to mention that Sheikh Mansour converted his £393m debt the club "owned" him to ordinary shares this spring...We are way ahead of Platini in my opinion.

Platini is a grade 1 dunderheead.

I follow French sports through L'Equipe and radio France Inter fairly regularly and the opinion seems to be this:

As a player he was a legened , but now the french press are beginning to raise their eyebrows a little at his diatribes and his determination to keep shifting goalposts.

Don't forget that by privilegeing Turnover over all other criteria, he is effectively cementing the richest clubs and stuffing all his own countrymen as even the top French clubs L'OL, L'OM and Bordeaux have relatively small turnovers in the greater scheme of things.

Agreed it is basically freezing the league from the 2012 season, so if you are mid-table you have little chance of getting higher.
I agree that club debt is an issue but he is going about it the wrong way.

Wreckless Alec said:
Since this was designed to keep City out and the G18 in, Platini will devise so many rules and regulations just about any club will fail to qualify. .

Which is exactly why he's going around circles. There is no way to damage City without inflicting damage on the RM's and Barcas of this world. And that would never do.

But I wish Twattini would fuck off, anyway.

-- Thu May 27, 2010 12:16 am --

shed88us said:
why cant our owner purchase a "limited edition shirt" for £500million and therefore make the money equity?

dont get my wrong, im not complaining...

The Sheikh has a cousin who is so desperate to buy a season ticket in one of the corporate boxes, that he has offered to pay £980 million a season just for the privilege... and £980 mill buys a few half decent players.<br /><br />-- Thu May 27, 2010 12:31 am --<br /><br />
NewbBlue said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
This - and we will be able to have as many sponsorship deals as we want - it´s included generated revenue
Yes, but Platini said he will "market test" them and disallow inflated sponsorships.

Or is my knowledge wrong or out of date? :(

The gulf between what Twattini thinks he can do and what he can do in the real world is about the size of the Grand Canyon. I have no doubt some token, watered down version of this idiot's plans will eventually see the light of day. But that will only be after it has been battered by every time wasting, dosh consuming, legal objection, injunctions and law suit known to man. Twattini does not know this because he has no brain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.