Player Power

Pam said:
corky1970 said:
Pam said:
Have the club given in to a few petulant, chav like players pissing and moaning about the manager these last few months until they got him our? If so, what should have been done about it .. if anything?

Or is this just a smoke screen to excuse the Spaniards for doing something they were always going to do anyway?

rag

waits

Speaking of rags, can anyone imagine a scum team pulling this shit? Rag players are fired off if they start the stupid antics we've seen from our own players this last fortnight. The club should have kept Mancini and backed him in the summer window just to prove a point.

Agreed. With this ridiculous decision we have set ourselves up for another few decades of obscurity.

I just hope the first time next season one of those cunts that call themselves a footballer is substituted and doesn't look happy about it the usual suspects are on here calling for the manager to be sacked as he "has an unhappy dressing room".

Equally if we don't win all our group games in the CL I would expect a clamour for his sacking.

If Joe "prima donna" Hart spends yet another game failing to make simple saves from 25 yards and kicking the ball to the opposition from goal kicks and is called on it by his boss I would expect this place to grind to a halt under the weight of "out" posts and threads.

If the new boss tells nasri he isn't putting the effort required of him I expect the board to fire him.

Otherwise what was the point of sacking the best manager in the EPL (now that Ferguson has retired) ?

When you let (encourage) the players to set the agenda you fail. Its as simple as that.

Disgraceful.

I would say yes if it was maybe one or two players and the club had crumbled and sacked Mancini because for example Kompany and Aguero didn't like him and rather than sell them they sacked Mancini.

However, if you want to believe the media it was nearly the whole squad who wanted him out. The club had to make a decision, sell every player and start again or get rid of the man causing the problem?

I don't agree with the sacking of Mancini and think it was wrong both how it was done and the reasons why but you have to think there was more to the whole story.

Backing Mancini this summer could have meant a lot of players looking to leave or not putting their heart and soul into the team next season. Both we can not deal with if we want to be succesful.

Someone mentioned the rags, Your right they do sell the "bad apples" in their team but more often than not it is one player so they can sell him and replace, which in turn makes their squad stronger. But, rumors are we had the whole squad bar Yaya looking for Mancini to be sacked!

dronefromsector7g said:
paulchapo said:
A bit of both and it is easier to get rid of a manager than a few top players then try and replace them.

I think everytime the manager bemoaned the lack of the signings he wanted,or criticized a player in public the board clapped their hands in joy as it made getting rid of him easier.
In effect he was slitting his own throat right from the word go, last season. Did he think saying players (ie Nasri) put in 50% would endear him to the squad. Maybe he wanted out.

"Maybe he wanted out" .

Could be some truth there , big pay out , go back to Italy to be near his father , another big pay day with another club on top of pay out .

Quite possible .

moomba said:
It's about whether or not it's a good thing for players to be able to dictate the direction of the club to the board.

Of course that isn't a good thing,however,i'm sure the board only saw this aspect as one of many that was stalling our progression.Ultimately they recognised Mancini's influence was becoming less and less influential and equally more disruptive and regressive.

Pam said:
Have the club given in to a few petulant, chav like players pissing and moaning about the manager these last few months until they got him our? If so, what should have been done about it .. if anything?

Or is this just a smoke screen to excuse the Spaniards for doing something they were always going to do anyway?

Nothing to do with player power.

Quite simply,

A) gone backwards in the league
B) gone backwards in Europe
C) too many 'cant be arsed' performances
D) bizarre selections/subs
E) slagging players in public
F) slagging other staff in public
G) slagging the board in public

None of these will have helped him, he's gone everyone needs to get over it.

akcity said:
Pam said:

Nothing to do with player power.

Quite simply,

A) gone backwards in the league
B) gone backwards in Europe
C) too many 'cant be arsed' performances
D) bizarre selections/subs
E) slagging players in public
F) slagging other staff in public
G) slagging the board in public

None of these will have helped him, he's gone everyone needs to get over it.
agreed I've add the Mario circus

Dead against so called player power, they should train hard, do as they are told and go out and get the club and fans the results they are capable of.
Managers should keep the player slagging confined to the dressing room.
Brian Clough had it right regarding player power, when asked how he resolved disputes with players, he said it was no problem, " we sit down and talk it through for 20 minutes then decide I was right"

Great post.
Kazzydeyna said:
Pam said:
corky1970 said:
rag

waits

Speaking of rags, can anyone imagine a scum team pulling this shit? Rag players are fired off if they start the stupid antics we've seen from our own players this last fortnight. The club should have kept Mancini and backed him in the summer window just to prove a point.

Agreed. With this ridiculous decision we have set ourselves up for another few decades of obscurity.

I just hope the first time next season one of those ***** that call themselves a footballer is substituted and doesn't look happy about it the usual suspects are on here calling for the manager to be sacked as he "has an unhappy dressing room".

Equally if we don't win all our group games in the CL I would expect a clamour for his sacking.

If Joe "prima donna" Hart spends yet another game failing to make simple saves from 25 yards and kicking the ball to the opposition from goal kicks and is called on it by his boss I would expect this place to grind to a halt under the weight of "out" posts and threads.

If the new boss tells nasri he isn't putting the effort required of him I expect the board to fire him.

Otherwise what was the point of sacking the best manager in the EPL (now that Ferguson has retired) ?

When you let (encourage) the players to set the agenda you fail. Its as simple as that.

Disgraceful.

Pam said:
corky1970 said:
Pam said:

rag

waits

Yes, and sold the 18 players that couldn't stand him. Makes perfect sense (on top of the dozen odd we have been trying to get rid of that already fell out with him).

About time you realised Bob was no saint and when a manager has no backers in the dressing room, you can probably assume it is because he is at fault.

And no the rags wouldn't let it happen, they'd have got rid of him before it ruined a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.