Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midgetslasher said:
Matty said:
Kean said:
this is why you dont pick Bony over Dzeko in your most important game of the season.

We didn't. We picked NEITHER of them, we started with Aguero alone. Yes, we brought Bony on as a sub instead of Dzeko, but given Dzeko's weaknesses (lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate) are all the things Barcelona would exploit ruthlessly, I have no issue with leaving him on the bench in favour of giving Bony the last 25 minutes. We started Dzeko over Bony in the first leg, and he contributed very little indeed.

The fact you've taken a proven goal scorer Dzeko and put Bony on instead (No hate on him its still to early) is just lolz

So Bony isn't a proven goalscorer? He scored 25 times for Swansea last season, almost identical to Dzeko's 26 for City. Bony has scored 119 goals in 237 club career games, Dzeko has scored 181 in 413 games. That's a goal every 2 games for Bony (1.99 games to be exact) whereas Dzeko's strike rate is a goal every 2.28 games. Yes you can factor in Dzeko has played more seasons in tougher leagues (the English Prem and the Bundesliga), but to try and claim Dzeko is a proven goalscorer, and Bony isn't, is ridiculous.

bitsmith said:
Matty said:
Kean said:
this is why you dont pick Bony over Dzeko in your most important game of the season.

We didn't. We picked NEITHER of them, we started with Aguero alone. Yes, we brought Bony on as a sub instead of Dzeko, but given Dzeko's weaknesses (lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate) are all the things Barcelona would exploit ruthlessly, I have no issue with leaving him on the bench in favour of giving Bony the last 25 minutes. We started Dzeko over Bony in the first leg, and he contributed very little indeed.

Dzeko was one of the best, if not our best players in first leg.

Firstly, that's damning with faint praise as everyone was pretty terrible in the first leg. Secondly, I'm not convinced you watched the same game as I did, as, for me, Dzeko wasn't close to being our best player that night.

Kean said:
bitsmith said:
Matty said:

and it's funny cause even if Bony needs time to prove, he isnt doing better than Dzeko in all of points Matty mentioned (lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate). I prefer to choose someone who can be one of the best in the pitch or our worst player, than someone who is doing nothing and you can't even judge him because it's not his fault atm (we cant judge him because he needs time, but if Pellegrini choose him over Dzeko that mean he should be ready, so time or not we can judge his performance, and my point of view it's, Dzeko isnt the best in start but he was always our super sub).

You must have failed to watch Bony too much before he joined City. One of the main reasons for buying him was that his work rate, first touch, link up play and passing, were demonstratively better than Dzeko's. He may not have been able to show that too much in the match midweek, but he's capable of being far better in those areas than Dzeko is.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Selling Negredo with only this guy and an injury prone Jovetic is something I struggle to get my head round. His goals over the course of a season don't excuse his deficiencies. Never have I seen a player fail to utilise a height advantage as much as him, and his first touch isn't nearly good enough. He's not the only one that's underperformed but he's one that Id like to be shown the door this summer. The fact his own people have to fight so hard on here to prove his worth should probably tell you all you need to know. Thanks for some important goals along the way Edin.

I'll tell Edin what you said. He'll be very sorry to hear that. :-(

Matty said:
Kean said:
bitsmith said:

and it's funny cause even if Bony needs time to prove, he isnt doing better than Dzeko in all of points Matty mentioned (lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate). I prefer to choose someone who can be one of the best in the pitch or our worst player, than someone who is doing nothing and you can't even judge him because it's not his fault atm (we cant judge him because he needs time, but if Pellegrini choose him over Dzeko that mean he should be ready, so time or not we can judge his performance, and my point of view it's, Dzeko isnt the best in start but he was always our super sub).

You must have failed to watch Bony too much before he joined City. One of the main reasons for buying him was that his work rate, first touch, link up play and passing, were demonstratively better than Dzeko's. He may not have been able to show that too much in the match midweek, but he's capable of being far better in those areas than Dzeko is.

I watched Edin in Wolfsburg and he was miles better than Bony ever was for Swansea.

Matty said:
Kean said:
Matty said:
Picked over Dzeko already??? What are you talking about?!!! Bony has start ONE game since joining City, and come off the bench in a further 5.

How someone with lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate get 50 goals in the primer league is beyond me.
Some of you guys are helpless.

Matty said:
bitsmith said:
Matty said:

Firstly, that's damning with faint praise as everyone was pretty terrible in the first leg. Secondly, I'm not convinced you watched the same game as I did, as, for me, Dzeko wasn't close to being our best player that night.

I'm pretty sure we watched same game :)

Matty said:
Midgetslasher said:
Matty said:

The fact you've taken a proven goal scorer Dzeko and put Bony on instead (No hate on him its still to early) is just lolz

So Bony isn't a proven goalscorer? He scored 25 times for Swansea last season, almost identical to Dzeko's 26 for City. Bony has scored 119 goals in 237 club career games, Dzeko has scored 181 in 413 games. That's a goal every 2 games for Bony (1.99 games to be exact) whereas Dzeko's strike rate is a goal every 2.28 games. Yes you can factor in Dzeko has played more seasons in tougher leagues (the English Prem and the Bundesliga), but to try and claim Dzeko is a proven goalscorer, and Bony isn't, is ridiculous.

No hes not Bony played everygame and was the focal point of everything they did. dzeko is not to claim otherwise is just ignorant and yet proves once again people have a personal agenda with Dzeko(in before NO NO HES A CITY PLAYER I WILL BACK HIM TO THE HILL YET MATCH THREADS THEY WILL SLAG HIM OFF).

Dzeko is not good enough and those that say he is are deluded. Yes he has scored some important goals but they are few and far between.

This squad has been together for 4 years and the progress has not what was either talked about by our owners or expected by us the fans

Yes we have won 2 titles but have also struggled every season after, we have been in the champions league and struggled every year. In any other line of business progress and results are everything and football is no different - those that don't perform are moved out. The majority of the squad have out lived their time and need to be moved on

If you think that keeping hold of payers such as Dzeko, Nasri, Milner, Kolarov is the way forward then you are mistaken. None of those players would walk into Real Madrid's, Barcelona's or Bayern's team and that is the truth

So why then should we stick with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.