Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalouk said:
I think we need to focus on the middle ground of this argument. Some seem to under rate him others over but if we meet in the middle it seems silly to sell him. Aguero will always play, we have just spent big on Bony so I assume he will play a lot to. If we sell Dzeko, who has proved he can come up with the goods when needed, for the amounts being floated around who do we replace him with? No one at the top of their game is going to come to be third striker and even if they did how much would they cost not many strikers seem to sell cheaply. Another point for me is that, this season being the exception Dzeko has rarely been injured. Aguero does tend to suffer injuries so if he is out for any length of time, we have relied on Dzeko. Balotelli, Negredo who were going to be the ruin of Edin according to some have come and gone. He will never be what some want him to be but he is third striker, with a good goal scoring record, always available and seems to accept his lot at the moment. What's not to like? I fear we will spend a lot of money trying to replace him in the long run. I would rather keep him and spend the money on a different part of the team. If we keep him for a couple more seasons maybe we can save a lot of money by Iheanacho or one of our younger players being ready to step up.

And that's exactly why he outlasted any striker but Aguero at City. His stats and his overall package just couldn't justify selling him and then buying someone for more money that could maybe, just maybe, do the job he was doing. When he would be sold, and if we, God forbid, finish finding good replacement on the way we are doing in central midfield, many here could wish they were keeping their mouth closed.

kalouk said:
I think we need to focus on the middle ground of this argument. Some seem to under rate him others over but if we meet in the middle it seems silly to sell him. Aguero will always play, we have just spent big on Bony so I assume he will play a lot to. If we sell Dzeko, who has proved he can come up with the goods when needed, for the amounts being floated around who do we replace him with? No one at the top of their game is going to come to be third striker and even if they did how much would they cost not many strikers seem to sell cheaply. Another point for me is that, this season being the exception Dzeko has rarely been injured. Aguero does tend to suffer injuries so if he is out for any length of time, we have relied on Dzeko. Balotelli, Negredo who were going to be the ruin of Edin according to some have come and gone. He will never be what some want him to be but he is third striker, with a good goal scoring record, always available and seems to accept his lot at the moment. What's not to like? I fear we will spend a lot of money trying to replace him in the long run. I would rather keep him and spend the money on a different part of the team. If we keep him for a couple more seasons maybe we can save a lot of money by Iheanacho or one of our younger players being ready to step up.

This is correct, as a third striker he seems to be fine filling that position, although he probably deserves more of a chance than he gets based on his talent.

A striker is not one of the important positions this summer - CDMs and wingers are. Aside from one of of the youngsters I think Pablo Dybala who is still very young could be ok with playing 3rd for a while until he gets less raw in his game but who knows. I'd hate to see one of our rivals sign him though.

Dzeko averages about 8 full games a season since he's been here and has 72 goals in that time

#Dzekostats

That feeling when you get wiped out in the discussion and then start trolling :D

Peace bro, I'll teach you some more stuff when I get some time, it hurts ego in the beginning but later you feel better as knowledge never disappoints :P

[bigimg]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/18/article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg[/bigimg]

Claiming "victory" over a forum discussion despite stating not to have read any replies. What a fulfilling life some lead.

Here was me thinking everyone was just making up stats, what was wrong with mine? Not outlandish enough?

bitsmith said:
That feeling when you get wiped out in the discussion and then start trolling :D

Peace bro, I'll teach you some more stuff when I get some time, it hurts ego in the beginning but later you feel better as knowledge never disappoints :P

Trolling is against the Code of Conduct. I would have thought your first ban would have taught you this

bitsmith said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
bitsmith said:
So yeah, well targeted stats, and striker's goals are nothing short of best targeting for them, are almost perfect stuff to deal with someone's quality. Stats are just wonderful thing :)

Yes, statistics ARE wonderful, but in the wrong hands they can also be as far away from wonderful as is imaginable.

I won't go too far with this explanation, but I'll try to explain...

Scenario 1 - Ten minutes near the end of a comfortable three - nil home victory
Scenario 2 - Ten minutes near the end of a tight two - nil away defeat

Are these ten minute periods equatable?

Are "minutes per goal" statistics valid?

Your only problem here is they are not in wrong hands :)

I'm not talking about how many movies had Dzeko watched since he came to Manchester but how many goals he scored, and that is slighty, slightly connected with job he is making living from :)

Scenarios don't matter at all, if he does his part of the job and scores goals he is only slightly but this time really slightly responsible for other stuff. His main job is to score goals, plain and simple.

Proof Positive.

I have 6 oranges, you have 6 apples, which of us has the most bananas?

Scenarios are WHY the statistics you quote are crude & invalid

I'm going for a smoke :)

Let me take a long moment to enjoy this piece of beauty here:

''BTW, goals tally from 2008, players from top 5 leagues, all competitions, clubs and national teams:

Messi 395
Ronaldo 353
Ibrahimovic 245
Neymar 233
Suarez 225
Cavani 203
Falcao 202
Van Persie 193
Aguero 192
Lewandowski 189
Dzeko 186
Gomez 186
Higuain 182
Rooney 179
Benzema 178
Huntelaar 160
Muller 157
Drogba 145
Negredo 142
Mandzukic 141
Bony 140
Giroud 138
Robben 135
Tevez 133
Costa 118
''

Props to bitsmith or whoever put this up...

EaglesFan said:
Let me take a long moment to enjoy this piece of beauty here:

''BTW, goals tally from 2008, players from top 5 leagues, all competitions, clubs and national teams:

Messi 395
Ronaldo 353
Ibrahimovic 245
Neymar 233
Suarez 225
Cavani 203
Falcao 202
Van Persie 193
Aguero 192
Lewandowski 189
Dzeko 186
Gomez 186
Higuain 182
Rooney 179
Benzema 178
Huntelaar 160
Muller 157
Drogba 145
Negredo 142
Mandzukic 141
Bony 140
Giroud 138
Robben 135
Tevez 133
Costa 118
''

Props to bitsmith or whoever put this up...

...just out of interest, which of these players do NOT play for teams that are considered to be top teams in their own leagues? Which players do NOT play for top European clubs?

I only ask because people have constantly used the line "ANYBODY would score loads playing CF for City", so using a parallel logic, the same could be said for CFs at Bayern/Real/Barca/etc., whereas if a player is scoring a comparable number of goals for an inferior team...

???

And why are international goals included? Seems to me that the addition of this data set will only skew the results (?)

Allegedly......he's on a 4 man 'B' striker list for Barcelona.

The others being Gomez,Llorente and Pelle.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/03/29/barcelona-eye-edin-dzeko-southampton-star-in-surprise-summer-transfer-moves/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/03/29 ... fer-moves/</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.