Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skybluezoo said:
FantasyIreland said:
Wow.....he's a different character when playing for his country.Got to admire the passion here......why don't we see more of that?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1171822/Edin-Dzeko-loses-cool-opponent-international-friendly.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/footba ... paign=1490</a>

Difference is the fans get behind him

You aren't a City supporter coming out with shite like that.

Any player who gives his best,consistently.....couldn't wish for a better set of fans behind him than ours,such a player is idolised.Try and take us for mugs however.......

It seems the pair of you have much to learn.

FantasyIreland said:
Skybluezoo said:
FantasyIreland said:
Wow.....he's a different character when playing for his country.Got to admire the passion here......why don't we see more of that?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1171822/Edin-Dzeko-loses-cool-opponent-international-friendly.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/footba ... paign=1490</a>

You aren't a City supporter coming out with shite like that.

Any player who gives his best,consistently.....couldn't wish for a better set of fans behind him than ours,such a player is idolised.Try and take us for mugs however.......

It seems the pair of you have much to learn.
Where is the lack of effort from Jovetic / Garcia / Savic / Boyata even Fernando?

Milner chases a defender, miscontrols it out for a goal kick - gets a loud cheer.

Kolarov/Navas attacks pretty consistently, wins the corner - gets jeered.

Putting all your effort in isn't always the same as just running about a lot to no real effect, which is something else a lot have left to learn.

Skybluezoo said:
FantasyIreland said:

Complete and utter bollox.

Have you ever been to a City game? Actually nevermind that because you can hear the fans chanting Dzeko's name watching on TV, I'm sure you've watched a match on TV, right?

Wasn't it a section of the Bosnia fans that Dzeko said should be ashamed of themselves around this time last year for booing him in a friendly game?

NQCitizen said:
Putting all your effort in isn't always the same as just running about a lot to no real effect, which is something else a lot have left to learn.

You're attempting to take this down another route......I'm not disputing your argument because it isn't relevant to my thinking......also i'm not sure which players you have in mind.

My issue is regarding players not performing to their best,that has nothing to do with aimlessly running around.

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:

You're attempting to take this down another route......I'm not disputing your argument because it isn't relevant to my thinking......also i'm not sure which players you have in mind.

My issue is regarding players not performing to their best,that has nothing to do with aimlessly running around.
Sorry FI that wasn't personally directed at you (we seem to be pretty hit and miss on various topics in terms of agreement)

It was more a comment about the fans around me who seem to value nothing other than how many lost causes a player has chased.

I do believe some City fans don't take to some players no matter how hard they try.

NQCitizen said:
Sorry FI that wasn't personally directed at you (we seem to be pretty hit and miss on various topics in terms of agreement)

It was more a comment about the fans around me who seem to value nothing other than how many lost causes a player has chased.

I do believe some City fans don't take to some players no matter how hard they try.

I guess that might boil down to the fact that due to the quality of player we could attract,for many a year......effort and industry were the only attributes on display that the fans could relate to.....as quality technical ability was in short supply!

I have to agree with your last sentence as I am guilty as charged in one or two instances;-)

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:

I guess that might boil down to the fact that due to the quality of player we could attract,for many a year......effort and industry were the only attributes on display that the fans could relate to.....as quality technical ability was in short supply!

I have to agree with your last sentence as I am guilty as charged in one or two instances;-)
Poor Javi and Aleks!

Damocles said:
Skybluezoo said:
FantasyIreland said:

Yes. It's the fault of City fans that he's seemingly underachieved here, not the fault of the professional footballer. We didn't shout enough for him to kick a ball.

As one of his biggest fans - I'll say the previous statement (about fans) is utter crap and completely inaccurate - Edin always had great support from Blues.

On the other hand - do you think he really 'underachieved' at City? I totally disagree on that one. He was a big part of some of the greatest times of this club it seems, and will always be remembered here, for sure...scored shitloads of goals (important ones) - what else can a striker want?
This is why I think he wouldn't mind staying.

P.S. People are reading way too much into Dragovich stuff - Dragovich lost about every single air duel to Edin, then started getting way too physical (in an illegal manner), gave Edin few kicks etc. - so when he attacked Besic verbally he simply went over the top...Edin being captain of NT stepped in, as he should have. Dragovich calmed down for the rest of the game. End of story. Just part of the football game

Will go down in our history books will our edin but will be out of the door with jovetic and kolarov in the summer. Bony was brought in to be our big target man and am sure we will go for either Dybala or Lacazette in the summer who can play left or right as well as up top.

I'll also add something that will give me some bad rep here.... not too much I hope :-)

Watching England-Italy with friends the other day....general consensus was that you guys (England) have put WAAAAAY too much importance to work rate and physical game...to the point where it is being detrimental to your football (national team, but also English players in general)...
Your NT is loaded with supreme athletes who are not that great at football. You have no highly skilled players. When you have a Silva, Pirlo, Ozil, Hazard, etc (or more than one of them) in your NT - you will get back to the top where you belong....unfortunately, attitudes of some people even on here tell me it is not happening in a long while....

Work rate is great, but it doesn't make you a better or worse footballer than the other guy.

P.S: This is why guys like Edin sometimes get shit in BPL...cause they don't run around endlessly...which is completely unjustifiable by non-British fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.