Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he came on with 2 minutes to go (+9), but imo he didn't look interested. Just jogged about and looked like he'd played the whole 90. Maybe i'm being harsh, but he just didn't look arsed. Plus he made the wrong decision to shoot instead of pass with his one chance.

He's done well in both title winning years, but has been amongst the worst in the season following.

I still hold a soft spot for him, it's a rare striker who can pose so many types of threat, converting chances and making goals for himself. I don't think of him as a flat-track bully - he's scored far too many vital goals home and away.

On the other hand, his 'enigmatic' style places him as emblematic of the problems in consistancy and work-rate that we need to move on from.

Lets be honest, the pairing with Aguero isn't great - and there is a strong argument for us playing one up front a lot more.

Bony is the target man now and should get some starts on his own as well as a shot partnering Aguero.

I really think the squad would benefit enormously from a Lazcatte style forward, pacey, happy on the wing or up front, and another very high class attacking midfielder who can at a pinch play number 10.

As such, Edin's chances will be limited, which we know doesn't suit him.

So I am pretty sure everyone would benefit if he moved.

He was a f****** disgrace today,did a zero warm up.He just stood and watched the game and when fernandinho was called over to go on he f***** off down the tunnel. When he came on his effort was about 5% at best,at the final whistle he trudged off ignoring players and fans and a very obvious blank to the manager. If he (and others ) can't be arsed to put a shift in for their huge wage packet they can f*** off asap.

M9 Blue said:
He was a f****** disgrace today,did a zero warm up.He just stood and watched the game and when fernandinho was called over to go on he f***** off down the tunnel. When he came on his effort was about 5% at best,at the final whistle he trudged off ignoring players and fans and a very obvious blank to the manager. If he (and others ) can't be arsed to put a shift in for their huge wage packet they can f*** off asap.

Hmm made a few decent runs into the box, covered for Yaya when he surged forward and had a lie down in West Hams box. But don't let any positives get in the way of a way of beam rant

There was that incident when he attempted to go past Collins, Collins won the ball but Dzeko did absolutely nothing to chase it back just accepted defeat. That right there sums up his attitude with us this season. He clearly hates playing for us and needs to move on. I don't think I could stomach another season of his moodiness.

Summerbuzz said:
He's done well in both title winning years, but has been amongst the worst in the season following.

I still hold a soft spot for him, it's a rare striker who can pose so many types of threat, converting chances and making goals for himself. I don't think of him as a flat-track bully - he's scored far too many vital goals home and away.

On the other hand, his 'enigmatic' style places him as emblematic of the problems in consistancy and work-rate that we need to move on from.

Lets be honest, the pairing with Aguero isn't great - and there is a strong argument for us playing one up front a lot more.

Bony is the target man now and should get some starts on his own as well as a shot partnering Aguero.

I really think the squad would benefit enormously from a Lazcatte style forward, pacey, happy on the wing or up front, and another very high class attacking midfielder who can at a pinch play number 10.

As such, Edin's chances will be limited, which we know doesn't suit him.

So I am pretty sure everyone would benefit if he moved.

A great post and I entirely agree with it,

hmmmmm i don't usually have a go at city playersi like to give them the benefit of the doubt but today Dzeko and Nasri tried to stitch the manager up and for that reason they can both f*** off in the summer

M9 Blue said:
hmmmmm i don't usually have a go at city playersi like to give them the benefit of the doubt but today Dzeko and Nasri tried to stitch the manager up and for that reason they can both f*** off in the summer

WTF did Nasri do wrong when he came on

Did we send on a giraffe in his clothes today? If so, it wasn't even a particularly skilfull giraffe. When Dzeko isn't on his game, he is truly hideous. I'm sick of his face tbh, like a few others, not sure why but it's getting harder and harder to tolerate his "efforts" any more

grim up north said:
M9 Blue said:

WTF did Nasri do wrong when he came on
His attitude towards Pelligrini towards the end of the game and at the final whistle was disrespectful and it was right in front of our seats, i hate having a go at city players but Dzeko ,Nasri and Toure are not playing for this manager.Whatever you think about our manager(and for what it's worth i think it's time for a change) the man deserves some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.