Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top guy, scored some cracking goals, and some very important ones, in his time here. His goal vs QPR was arguably the most important factor in winning us that game and the league the first time round. The flow of the match and the team's morale changed massively after that.

Also single handedly scored us the goals that won us the league the 2nd time when Aguero was injured as the season came to a close.

Was a lazy fucker at times, but then I guess most players would look lazy playing next to Kun and Tevez!

Wish him all the best, no hard feelings whatsoever. He deserves to be playing regularly, and I reckon his game will be perfectly suited to Serie A

Do we know the exact details of the deal? I know full well we'll only here the base line. After all we are the selling club..

Why didn't he acknowlege the fans after the last game of the season, instead of sloping around with his hands in his pockets, that did my head in.

Some great memories, and a lot of poor ones as well.

Good luck for the future Edin, but after last season the time is right for you to move on thats for sure.
So sad that for so many fans this is what he will be remembered for .
His frustration was with the management not the fans.
I will always remember him for the goal against villa that practically won us the second title, the relief that night was incredible

Really? I appreciate his time here and he has cemented a place in our history. There's no denying he has played an integral and important role in our recent history, but once he leaves I won't be going out of my way to watch him.
Some players get City, they understand the club and the fans and they become part of it, they become one of us. I don't think Edin comes into that category.

Hmm, I don't happen to agree with you. Apart from in his home land, can you imagine the spine chilling feeling he must've felt when he realised his name was sung in that lullaby?

He gets us alright.

First time I've felt a bit down with a player leaving us since swp. Scored some big goals for us, but just wasn't up for it every week. Good luck Edin.

I can see why people have this perception of him, but I think they've read him wrong, time and again.

Edin's problem was that he wasn't Aguero, as in he couldn't "hit the ground running", he'd need time to build his game tempo. If he was out of that tempo, through one means or another, he'd simply try too hard on his return. Sure as sh*t, when things didn't go to plan for him, his head would go down.

That wasn't for lacking of trying, but over-trying! He was never happy unless he contributed in some form. Not even a good team performance really pleased him if he hadn't scored.

A true goal scorer's attitude, at heart and what I liked about him.

Was brought in as Tevez's replacement (before Tevez decided to stay a bit longer). Was never the no.1 striker but saw off Tevez, Balotelli, Negredo & Jovetic. A player who will be fondly remembered I hope, great player.

So sad that for so many fans this is what he will be remembered for .
His frustration was with the management not the fans.
I will always remember him for the goal against villa that practically won us the second title, the relief that night was incredible

So why did he take it out on the fans then? He could have shown some gratitude and thanks for those that supported him. We all paid our hard earned to support them and our club throughout the year and the least he could have shown was some respect.

So why did he take it out on the fans then? He could have shown some gratitude and thanks for those that supported him. We all paid our hard earned to support them and our club throughout the year and the least he could have shown was some respect.
Sorry my post came out wrong I meant edin should have taken his frustration out on the management not the fans

The mistake a lot of people make is compare Dzeko with or expect Dzeko to be like Aguero, Silva in terms of technique, mobility, flair etc. The reality is that Dzeko is a different kind of player altogether. He is a typical No9, and as I have always said our No1 No9 and you will find very few out and out No9's better than Dzeko in European football. Strength, positioning, arieal prowess, bringing others into play, left and right foot, finishing. He is world class at what he does and his goal scoring record speaks for itself considering the fact that for the four and the half years he was never considered as the first choice upfront but he managed to serve the club professionally and delivered a very respectable goal return and a list of memorable and markedly important moment.

Personally, I remember shouting Dzeko!!!!!!! more often than most of our players over the past few years because of the important goals he scored. OK his mannerisms can be irritating at times but the fact that he never caused any overt turmoil or disruption within the squad for not being in the first team as often as he would like should at least reveal something about his professionalism and character. He may fold arms and look disinterested (according to some, not me) but he constantly got the job done as a No9.

So I believe this is the time to respect and appreciate the player and his contribution to the club and wish him the very best in his future endeavors. Roma has made a great signing.I will like to say thanks to the Bosnian Diamond for being a top servant to the club over the past few years and good luck.

Good look Edin.

Scored some crucial goals and was a big part of our recent success. One season too late to part ways in many respects, but some of the vitriol directed towards him now
he has gone is unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.