Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edin's problem was that he wasn't Aguero, as in he couldn't "hit the ground running", he'd need time to build his game tempo. If he was out of that tempo, through one means or another, he'd simply try too hard on his return. Sure as sh*t, when things didn't go to plan for him, his head would go down.

That wasn't for lacking of trying, but over-trying! He was never happy unless he contributed in some form. Not even a good team performance really pleased him if he hadn't scored.
I think that's all about right, however I won't shed many tears when its confirmed, at times he didn't try enough though, and he was certainly a sulk on occasions.

I'll remember him because he did some great stuff for us, and without him we wouldn't have won the league in 2012 or 2014, but he didn't win us either league title, the team did, and for the last 2 seasons I never really felt that he thought he was part of the team.

I wish him well at Roma, unless they play us.

Proper marmite player. when on form very good player but for me his first touch is shocking. To be a key player at city you need exceptional technique and Dzeko does not posses this. Put him in a side where he is the main focal point however he will flourish. Good luck Edin

i think the transfer fee itself shows he wasnt valued much either for his recent form as a player or just to get him off the wage bill (would have rated him closer to £20m in the current market)

dont think he ever really had a chance playing second fiddle to Aguero, not many players in the world would, i think the Italian game tempo will suit him more ad if his great mate stays at Roma, he should settle quick.

Good luck to him, played a part in our success but for me, never showed consistently what he is capable of (whether that was down to circumstances or not)

Two Premier League wins and the scorer of the glorious 6th.

However, he'll never be as popular as Paul Dickov or Uwe Rosler, which in a strange way, epitomises my generation, and our peculiar attitude towards hero worship.

Was brought in as Tevez's replacement (before Tevez decided to stay a bit longer). Was never the no.1 striker but saw off Tevez, Balotelli, Negredo & Jovetic. A player who will be fondly remembered I hope, great player.

I thought Sergio was bought as Carlos' replacement.

Went down too easily for me and then took ages to get up again.

We never played to his strengths and that was the main problem.

A very likeable person and I wish him every success in the future.

The first goal against Villa at home on the Weds night in the pissing rain that really won us the title in 2014 was a great strikers goal. He had to really work hard to get to the cross.
Watch it again and you will see what I mean.

I thought Sergio was bought as Carlos' replacement.

That's correct. When we signed Dzeko, there's was no talk of Tevez leaving, he was our best player at the time. We were top of the league when we signed Dzeko and he actually upset the rhythm of our play. I remember people calling Dzeko this generations Rodney Marsh because our form fell apart after he came in to the side.

He turned it around since then and scored some key goals. He was never my type of player, but he seemed like a nice guy and I wish him all the best for his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.