Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vienna_70 said:
He started off like a house on fire today. It was as if the signing of Bony has given him a kick up the backside.

He Had s great game and took his goal brilliantly.

Hopefully, he is over his injury now and will score plenty of goals in the run-in.

I agree, and the professional who sits next to me said the same.

He will sulk and be sold when Bony starts regularly.

80s Shorts said:
Vienna_70 said:
He started off like a house on fire today. It was as if the signing of Bony has given him a kick up the backside.

Hopefully, he is over his injury now and will score plenty of goals in the run-in.

Hope not.

He's had competition before (Mario) and still played a crucial part in our recent success.

With Aguero's injury record, he is still a hugely important player for us.

Consumate pro as well, I've not once heard him bitching to the press about his perceived lack of opportunity/game time/starts.

So making the assumption he will sulk is completely unfounded.

he played well last season because he knew he had to impress to get in the team ahead of negredo, at the start of this season he had no real competition because he is always going to be behind aguero and either aguero or jovetic were injured normally as well as jovetic cant play up front on his own. now bony is here dzeko has to do well or he knows he will be dropped and bony has a good injury record so it will be hard to get back in the team. give him competition and he becomes a better player

80s Shorts said:
Vienna_70 said:

Ironically the last time Edin had real competition he shut up, waited for his chance, played his competition out of the team, won the title and the other player sulked and asked to be sold.

Tevez / Mario / Negredo / Jovetic - he's got a habit of outliving his competition and I bet he's still here come September.

NQCitizen said:
80s Shorts said:
Vienna_70 said:

Ironically the last time Edin had real competition he shut up, waited for his chance, played his competition out of the team, won the title and the other player sulked and asked to be sold.

Tevez / Mario / Negredo / Jovetic - he's got a habit of outliving his competition and I bet he's still here come September.

You try to paint the picture that he outplayed that list of strikers, but you realise we're mostly City fans on here and know what happened, right?

The fact that Bony was on the bench immediately forced him to up his game. However he was fantastic. His movement and work rate was excellent. His goal was absolutely senational too.

He's had an injury and has taken a while to get back to his best. Kompany and Aguero the same. Get that ball in the box and he will not let us down.

He always plays centre-left right till yesterday when he added centre-right.

MOTM for me.
Won us 3 pens. Shame Foy was adamant that one was all he was going to give.
The secret is getting him the ball early in a dangerous position.
No thought = goal.
Thought = probably not unless he passes it to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.