Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaxxaj said:
pudge said:
Zizi4City said:
Father, forgive him he doesn't know what he's saying.

Aguero: 69 goals for the total of 7603 min. played in premier league. (goal every 110 min)
Dzeko: 50 goals for the total of 6954 min. played in premier league. (goal every 139 min)

The most lethal Premier League goal scorers of all-time as of October 7, 2014
Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://talksport.com/football/revealed-most-lethal-premier-league-goal-scorers-all-time-141007117545#W9CWEL9SLoyjYZwz.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://talksport.com/football/revealed- ... oyjYZwz.99</a>

No. 1 Sergio Aguero: 114.35 mins per PL goal
No. 6 Edin Dzeko: 136.96 mins per PL goal

Not bad for the third choice striker.
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/JZ85Pgu.gif[/bigimg]

Something wrong with your highlighted part ?
Yes, the numbers. There is two different sets for each player yet they're meant to represent the same thing.

The second source is 6 months old, I merely found that confusing.

However, obviously I'm hating on Dzeko specifically.

CityFan94 said:
I'm a bit disappointed in Dzeko's attitude that he only started to play well since Bony arrived.

He didn't score in 17 games and looked a little uninterested until Bony signed. Now he's scored 3 in 3. He looked complacent and uninterested most of the first half of the season. It's almost as if, since Bony signed, Dzeko is thinking "Oh, maybe I have to starting trying now."

Do we have to sign a £30 million striker every year so Dzeko doesn't become complacent?

Although he was coming off an injury, he definitely seemed like he picked up more interest because Bony arrived. This is very sad when you consider the amount of money these guys take home. This lack of motivation is the real problem at our club. Players are resting on their laurels too much thinking they've won enough. They're not even fired up during games anymore and most of the time they don't start playing till the 2nd half. This is why teams need to be broken up from time to time.

Instilling this hunger and combatting complacency is what Mancini tried so hard to do when he was here. This "chasing down" mentality that we sometimes exhibit is Manicini's legacy. This is why we won our first title in ages. He acheived this by isolating the dissenters, which many people disliked at first but he was given the benefit and it worked. When the players had a taste of victory, they started getting fucking lazy and player power ousted the manager. Managememt failed to back him because they felt he was extremist, while being oblivious to the fact that they were creating a monster. Now they have to deal with it. Nothing will change unless we either hire an authoritarian who will break up this cabal, or the management do it themselves, systematically.

The problem is that the inept Dof and scouting system at the club have made the problem worse by failing to invigorate the team. Signings have been like lukewarm or gash. Of course you can expect this to generate more belly laughs than hunger in training. Dzeko has nothing to worry about, he has always been better than Bony. This is not to say that Dzeko is Mr consistent. I am only saying that Dzeko is so much better that, if he really want it, Bony will not get any significant game time this season. How's that for motivating the team?

pudge said:
jaxxaj said:
pudge said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/JZ85Pgu.gif[/bigimg]

Yes, the numbers. There is two different sets for each player yet they're meant to represent the same thing.

The above numbers are up to date and correct, not sure why you think otherwise.

Not sure why he provided the 6 months old source, when the first set of numbers are the latest one (up to liverpool game).

jaxxaj said:
pudge said:
jaxxaj said:

Not sure why he provided the 6 months old source, when the first set of numbers are the latest one (up to liverpool game).
Precisely

jaxxaj said:
pudge said:
jaxxaj said:

Perhaps he was using the old numbers because they came with their respective positions on the all-time list, to give the numbers context. His point seems to be that it's pretty impressive that a player considered our third choice striker is (or maybe was - perhaps he's dropped a place or two now that his minutes per goal has ballooned from 136 to 139) 6th on the all-time strike-rate list.

He gave the current numbers as well, so the insinuation that he's somehow trying to 'big-up' Edin by showing very slightly better numbers from October seems a bit paranoid.

CaliforniaBlue said:
jaxxaj said:
pudge said:

Perhaps he was using the old numbers because they came with their respective positions on the all-time list, to give the numbers context. His point seems to be that it's pretty impressive that a player considered our third choice striker is (or maybe was - perhaps he's dropped a place or two now that his minutes per goal has ballooned from 136 to 139) 6th on the all-time strike-rate list.

He gave the current numbers as well, so the insinuation that he's somehow trying to 'big-up' Edin by showing very slightly better numbers from October seems a bit paranoid.
Who's insinuating that?

Certainly not myself, I even clarified that seeing 2 sets of different numbers confused me until I realized one was 6 months old.

Shame on whoever is insinuating what you're insinuating.

Proelia said:
Only 50 goals in the league is poor considering how long hes here

Would have scored at least 100 EPL goals if the team was built around him since he joined the club. 50 goals as second-third or even fourth choice (all of them "better strikers" bar Kun left the club or sitting home watching the games on TV) is outstanding return.

CaliforniaBlue said:
jaxxaj said:
pudge said:

Exactly. I did not have the latest info for their present positions on the all-time list so I used stats from october and added Aguero numbers just to put everything in contexts. Sorry if I was unclear. I thought it was obvious.

CaliforniaBlue said:
jaxxaj said:
pudge said:

Pudge is just showing his micromanaging skills again, thats all.

Pudge made a observational mistake and admitted it.

I genuinely don't know what it is but I have some effect on people in this thread.

It's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.