Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaliforniaBlue said:
We're not really here said:
yatesy94 said:
or not winning nearly enough headers than he should despite being 6ft 4+

Or being able to hold the ball up and not get out muscled by someone nearly a foot shorter!
It's either (a) a complete fluke that he's been so successful as a goal-scorer year-after-year, or (b) the opinions above are somewhat inaccurate.

SHHH let the circle jerk continue..

EaglesFan said:
Sad part is - the "upgrade" in Bony so far looks like a major bust.

Why is Bony being picked over Edin already (based on what) is beyond me....hopefully Bony will show SOMETHING soon - but I'm starting to believe its a case of - being a star in a shit club doesn't quite translate in a big club.

Picked over Dzeko already??? What are you talking about?!!! Bony has start ONE game since joining City, and come off the bench in a further 5. If that had been Dzeko's playing record we'd have people bitching on here about it being nowhere near enough gametime, and us not respecting how good he is!

Judging Bony as a "major bust" after he's been at the club for about 6 weeks, and barely played, is simply idiotic. Maybe he needs "a run of games in the team" to get his fom going. Isn't that the normal defence for when Dzeko looks out of his depth?

Dzeko's season has been a major disappointment, injury hasn't helped but 6 goals (4 in the league) by late March is a really poor return from him. As has been said many, many times before, Dzeko's goals make up for some of the deficiencies in his all around game (poor control, lack of pace etc), when you have a season like this one, where the goals have dried up, his flaws are more obvious.

Matty said:
EaglesFan said:

Why is Bony being picked over Edin already (based on what) is beyond me....hopefully Bony will show SOMETHING soon - but I'm starting to believe its a case of - being a star in a shit club doesn't quite translate in a big club.

Picked over Dzeko already??? What are you talking about?!!! Bony has start ONE game since joining City, and come off the bench in a further 5.

this is why you dont pick Bony over Dzeko in your most important game of the season.

Kean said:
Matty said:
EaglesFan said:

Picked over Dzeko already??? What are you talking about?!!! Bony has start ONE game since joining City, and come off the bench in a further 5.

this is why you dont pick Bony over Dzeko in your most important game of the season.

We didn't. We picked NEITHER of them, we started with Aguero alone. Yes, we brought Bony on as a sub instead of Dzeko, but given Dzeko's weaknesses (lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate) are all the things Barcelona would exploit ruthlessly, I have no issue with leaving him on the bench in favour of giving Bony the last 25 minutes. We started Dzeko over Bony in the first leg, and he contributed very little indeed.

Matty said:
Kean said:
Matty said:

We didn't. We picked NEITHER of them, we started with Aguero alone. Yes, we brought Bony on as a sub instead of Dzeko, but given Dzeko's weaknesses (lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate) are all the things Barcelona would exploit ruthlessly, I have no issue with leaving him on the bench in favour of giving Bony the last 25 minutes. We started Dzeko over Bony in the first leg, and he contributed very little indeed.

The fact you've taken a proven goal scorer Dzeko and put Bony on instead (No hate on him its still to early) is just lolz

Matty said:
Kean said:
Matty said:

Dzeko was one of the best, if not our best players in first leg.

It's time to get rid. He's been here a few years too many in fact. His record of 3 goals in 24 this season is appalling. When Schalke played Real a few weeks ago Jan Huntelaar showed everything Dzeko should do but doesn't.

bitsmith said:
Matty said:
Kean said:

Dzeko was one of the best, if not our best players in first leg.

and it's funny cause even if Bony needs time to prove, he isnt doing better than Dzeko in all of points Matty mentioned (lack of pace, poor first touch, inaccurate passing, lack of workrate). I prefer to choose someone who can be one of the best in the pitch or our worst player, than someone who is doing nothing and you can't even judge him because it's not his fault atm (we cant judge him because he needs time, but if Pellegrini choose him over Dzeko that mean he should be ready, so time or not we can judge his performance, and my point of view it's, Dzeko isnt the best in start but he was always our super sub).

Pretty sure Tolmie has said our Balkan contingent is offski in the summer.

Imagine we should get close to £45-50m for the trio.

pudge said:
Pretty sure Tolmie has said our Balkan contingent is offski in the summer.

Imagine we should get close to £45-50m for the trio.
I don't follow the transfer rumours very closely, and don't know their overall success rate, but haven't a lot of itks been incorrectly predicting Dzeko's departure for about three years now? Of course, it looks like there could be a pretty big turnover this summer, so they might finally be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.