Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluechampion7891 said:
pudge said:
Shaelumstash said:
I'm trying to remember the last central midfielder we had that was worse than Fernando. Dabo wasn't a bad shout from an earlier poster, I was thinking Jeff Whitley, but I think he'd have been more use tonight. At least he had some energy and would have closed players down. Fernando is Ged Brannan / Nigel Clough bad.

No wonder he has high ball retention stats, how many forward passes does he make in a game? 2 or 3 at best.

I'm still trying to figure out what he's meant to be good at. It's the cliché with this type of midfielder to say he "does the dirty work" "Breaks up play" and "wins the ball back" only he doesn't actually do any of those things. He's extraordinary limited in possession which even his biggest fan would probably admit, but this idea that he is a defensive midfielder is just a strange non truth that has become accepted as a given. Rather like the idea that David Brightwell played against The Shite in the Kanchelskis 5-0.

He doesn't tackle, he doesn't read the game well, he's deceptively slow, he's not aggressive, his "tackling" involves him putting out a stray leg when his man has already waltzed around him. The only thing he breaks up is our momentum. I don't know whether he is ill or experiencing some mental health issues or something, but this guy does not even look like a professional footballer at the moment. I fail to see how he could possibly have been this bad for Porto. How on earth have we scouted this guy for 18 months and paid 12 million for him. Absolutely bizarre.
I remember watching this as it happened and thought "Fucking hell, he doesn't even know what day of the week it is"

It's as if he's never seen a football before

[video]https://vine.co/v/OQLKKK7I6uQ[/video]

OK I am sold

I say him misplace quite simple passes in the first 10-15 mins but this is something else. No effort whatsoever

we be lucky to get half back what we paid

We got most of our money back on Rodwell so if decided to sell Fernando in the summer we will do the same.

Silva_Spell said:
I feel a bit sorry for him tbh. Porto fans said he's shit in a midfield 2 but a beast as the sole sitter in a 3. It's clear passing is not his strength (understatement), he is a destroyer who then passes it 2 yards.

His confidence is so shot to pieces from being exposed in a 2 in a new, more hectic, league that he can't even pass 2 yards atm.

I always expected he'd rarely start for us and just be a Mikel type 'shore things up' sub but for some reason he been picked ahead of Fernandinho on a regular basis. It's fecking stupid

I agree with that. Like Mangala he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a while. He is a decent player when fully confident.

Ray78 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
pudge said:
I remember watching this as it happened and thought "Fucking hell, he doesn't even know what day of the week it is"

It's as if he's never seen a football before

[video]https://vine.co/v/OQLKKK7I6uQ[/video]

OK I am sold

I say him misplace quite simple passes in the first 10-15 mins but this is something else. No effort whatsoever

we be lucky to get half back what we paid

We got most of our money back on Rodwell so if decided to sell Fernando in the summer we will do the same.

I hope so

Neville Kneville said:
Sorry which one is it who is Fernando on that video ?

Just so I know which one I'm supposed to be picking on, is it one of the ones stood together not wanting the ball or the one kicking it into the opponent ?

think that was our captain

Neville Kneville said:

Just so I know which one I'm supposed to be picking on, is it one of the ones stood together not wanting the ball or the one kicking it into the opponent ?
Silva's the one nearest the bottom moving towards the ball, opening his body up looking to receive a pass from Fernandinho.

Fernandinho is the player on the left who receives the first pass after moving into space between a triangle of players and lays it off to Kompany.

Kompany is the player who receives a slightly off target first time pass from Fernandinho after having won the ball of Neymar to regain possession just prior.

Fernando is the one who is stood still watching all of this take place and is flat footed when Kompany's rather stretched pass goes towards him as he allows Rakitic to take it off him and run past him. After a quick double take to check what just happens he then proceeds to turn around 180 but still on the same spot before beginning to saunter somewhat towards play.

Hope that clears it up for you.

bluechampion7891 said:
Neville Kneville said:

think that was our captain
Twenty minutes in and both Nando and Kompany had shown their usual inconsistent error prone selves :(

T

pudge said:
Neville Kneville said:

Silva's the one nearest the bottom moving towards the ball, opening his body up looking to receive a pass from Fernandinho.

Fernandinho is the player on the left who receives the first pass after moving into space between a triangle of players and lays it off to Kompany.

Kompany is the player who receives a slightly off target first time pass from Fernandinho after having won the ball of Neymar to regain possession just prior.

Fernando is the one who is stood still watching all of this take place and is flat footed when Kompany's rather stretched pass goes towards him as he allows Rakitic to take it off him and run past him. After a quick double take to check what just happens he then proceeds to turn around 180 but still on the same spot before beginning to saunter somewhat towards play.

Not really, since Kompany usually wears number 4, the "stretched pass" is definitely not number 4, who has his back to the camera, and is the one spinning round.

cleavers said:
pudge said:
Neville Kneville said:

Not really, since Kompany usually wears number 4, the "stretched pass" is definitely not number 4, who has his back to the camera, and is the one spinning round.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballorgin.com/2015/02/manchester-city-v-barcelona-ucl-2014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballorgin.com/2015/02/ma ... -2014.html</a>

The second half video, 19:55 into the video.

The players are who I have said, so, yes really.

pudge said:
cleavers said:
pudge said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballorgin.com/2015/02/manchester-city-v-barcelona-ucl-2014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballorgin.com/2015/02/ma ... -2014.html</a>

The second half video, 19:55 into the video.

The players are who I have said, so, yes really.
OK I'd only seen the one above, and it looks like a 4 at that quality to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.