Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
oakiecokie said:
sam-caddick said:
I was meaning it as we could have signed two players of that quality for the money we spent on the players I named.

We haven't spent wisely at all in the last two years, even with FFP.

Can`t disagree with those sentiments mate as Fernando and Mangola have been disappointing to say the least.Sorry but for as much as JM is a very good PL player,CL he`s about average,but he aint on his own at the moment.

I agree mate.

I just said in the Pellegrini thread that for all the money spent on trying to make us as good as a team like Barca, we are relying on a midfield duo of Milner and Fernando to help get us through to a CL quarter.

I feel sorry for Aguero and Silva because they should be winning this competition.
Spot on Sam, they both deserve better and deserve better quality players than Fernando around them.

whicko said:
sam-caddick said:
oakiecokie said:
Can`t disagree with those sentiments mate as Fernando and Mangola have been disappointing to say the least.Sorry but for as much as JM is a very good PL player,CL he`s about average,but he aint on his own at the moment.

I agree mate.

I just said in the Pellegrini thread that for all the money spent on trying to make us as good as a team like Barca, we are relying on a midfield duo of Milner and Fernando to help get us through to a CL quarter.

I feel sorry for Aguero and Silva because they should be winning this competition.
Spot on Sam, they both deserve better and deserve better quality players than Fernando around them.
Agree, how much longer will we have quality like them? Stop surrounding them with shit and average players, that if we are honest we all know we have been doing since 2011. Fuck it bring back Gary Cook please

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
whicko said:
sam-caddick said:
I agree mate.

Agree, how much longer will we have quality like them? Stop surrounding them with shit and average players, that if we are honest we all know we have been doing since 2011. Fuck it bring back Gary Cook please

I admire what Txiki has done at youth level at City implementing a philosophy throughout the club and giving it a direction but signings wise for the first team bar Fernandinho, Demichelis and possibly Negredo he has signed quite a few average players for big fee's.

It would not surprise me to see him leave if he fails again in the summer.

Based on this season's performances, Porto must be laughing their bollocks off at 12m.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
You get what you pay for , £12m is never going to buy a world class holding midfielder , simply not good enough for the champs league , a decent squad player for the premiership , but so was Garcia

Barry cost us £12m, and while not world class he gave us 4 years good service and was compatible with the likes of Yaya and Silva. We should be looking to build a world class team rather than have 11 world class players; that's why Pep replaced Toure with Busquets.

Players like McCarthy and Schneiderlin from within the league would make more sense than a succession of imported mediocrity from Portugal.

As I said, I don't judge Fernando on tonight because much better midfielders have been given the run around by Barcelona, but he is woeful; I almost said Anderson woeful, but even he initially showed more potential.

Give a hipster some heroin and a copy of Football Manager, and the outcome would probably resemble a Txiki transfer window.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't know how many times Pelle has to play him in a 2 man midfield before he gets the hint and stops doing so.

That being said, he isn't exactly lively or technically gifted, I'm not really seeing it with him as a long term prospect.

I think he will be sold in the summer.

Not a fan of him but don't think he was particularly awful tonight, just his standard level of disappointing.

Such a shame, seemed very promising in his opening two games for us, now can see him being sold in the summer.

The lad is utter bilge and so far out of his depth it's frightening.

I do not know what he has to offer, if anything.

Other than his lack of ability to pass, tackle, or do anything remotely positive, I am utterly dismayed at the lack of fight. He looks like he's frightened, like it's all too much for him. And he moves like an arthritic old woman.

An appalling signing and had we signed him last Jan I seriously doubt we would have gone on to win the league, as I am sure Pellegrini would have played him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.