Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Re: Pablo Zabaleta Appreciation Thread

Statue next to Sergio statue.

Magnificent again today. He is back to his absolute best. A pleasure to watch.

Much as I love Vincent I've always though Zab should be captain. Blood and thunder and as close to you will get as an adopted Manc.

Shearer was drooling over him on MOTD. I actually thought he was going to whip his cock out and snap one off.

Imagine you are holding the cheque book at any top club in the world and someone says to you

"I've got a fantastic right back for you. Argentina International caps, model professional, will give it his all every times he play, will make 170+ appearances for you over the next 6 years. Oh, and he can captain the team when you need it plus chip in with a couple of goals a season as well"

How much would you write the cheque out for? £20m, £30m, more?

We got all that for £6.5m

Has to be one of the best signings we made.

Zab is one of those amazing slow blooming players who becomes a truly world class player but whom you never really saw coming. He battled for his position early on, he was often second choice , he was for a time unreliable in terms of cards. But he settled in, worked hard, built on his game and he is now one of the top full backs , indeed defenders in world football and is a true city legend beloved by all in blue. It is why sometimes if a player has the right mentality you give them time and support!

Yesterday his runs up front and his attacking play was at times exquisite and he defended like a Trojan - magic and despite how good dave was - Pablo was my MOTM

EalingBlue2 said:
Zab is one of those amazing slow blooming players who becomes a truly world class player but whom you never really saw coming. He battled for his position early on, he was often second choice , he was for a time unreliable in terms of cards. But he settled in, worked hard, built on his game and he is now one of the top full backs , indeed defenders in world football and is a true city legend beloved by all in blue. It is why sometimes if a player has the right mentality you give them time and support!

Yesterday his runs up front and his attacking play was at times exquisite and he defended like a Trojan - magic and despite how good dave was - Pablo was my MOTM

Great post. I remember thinking and reading on here not long after the takeover that Zabba would be one of the players who needed replacing. Everyone loved his commitment and his passion, but no one thought he could step up or be good enough for a team challenging for a top 4 spot.
How wrong could they be! and I include myself in that statement, and how times change.
Not only does he not look out of place in a team challenging for the top 4, but he looks comfortable in a title winning team and would get into any team in the Prem, and most teams in Europe.
A true gent and a fantastic pro. We are very lucky to have him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.