Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Re: Pablo Zabaleta Appreciation Thread

1.618034 said:
Ray78 said:
One of the best RB in Europe.

The prize for understatement of the year goes to...

Not an understatement but a fact. He has improved considerably in the last couple of seasons.

adrianr said:
Dax777 said:
I'm generally not the type to overhype our players. I try really hard to not let blue tints affect my judgment. I belong to the group who tot and still think Suarez was superior to Aguero last year. But for the life of me, I can't think of a better Right back in the world.

I have asked others for suggestions, and I'm doing so here too. Does anyone have a name they consider close or equals to Zab. I know this is not the best place to ask, but for the life of me I can't think of any. The closest I've seen might be Aspiculetta at Chelsea. But he is only as good defensively. Offensively Zab dwarfs him. So who in the world is as good as Zab right now?

strangely right back might be the only position in which we have the undisputed best player at; Considering all the stars we have, that's a shocking fact.

Also I was shocked that almost no one thought he was MOTM against Palace. I watched the game a second time just to be sure, he was by a good margin the best player on the field. Yaya 2nd, Mangala 3rd, Nasri 4th, Joe 5th, and the actual voteee Silva was 6th in my opinion. Slightly better than MDM because of his goals. Granted, no one played poorly, but Zaba was emphatically a shade above.

Anyway rant over!

If you still consider Lahm a right back he's the only one, whole game considered. He's good enough to play in midfield for Pep Guardiola, which says a huge amount about his ability. Zab still wins out though because a) I don't think his sheer attacking can be matched, and b) Lahm isn't Pablo Zabaleta.

BBITZVtCAAA5EbP.jpg:large
yeah, Lahm is always the #1 suggestion. But as you and many others have right pointed out, he plays more at DM these days. So I generally don't consider him. I'd pay close attention over the next few weeks. There probably gems out there. But I can't think of any right now.

Hope he is at our club till the end of his career and a long time after that.

Some players just have an ability to capture the hearts of the fans they play for. Zaba is such a player: hard as nails; dedicated to the club; developing Mancunian accent and an abundance of quality. I cannot think of a player more deserving of our support than Zaba.

Re: Met him in players lounge on Saturday ..

jimharri said:
CorporateBlue said:
wasn't supposed to, but my 8 year old quietly said Merry Xmas as he walked past. Not only did Zabba stop, smile and shake his hand - he spent 5 minutes teaching him how to say Merry Xmas in Spanish - absolute legend.
he IS the f------g man!!
10392407_10152590938369226_3210947555841465607_n.jpg
Great post. Your lad must be well chuffed.

He was a bit overawed to be honest, sitting next to Yaya, Nasri etc, but Frank and Zabba were just great guys with him - real genuine blokes

Okay, I’ll come clean.

I’m sick to the back teeth of reading about empty seats, lack of atmosphere and perceived agendas. Let’s argue about something different.

Forgetting his popularity and undoubted bravery, the last three Premier League games have all witnessed goals conceded from Zabaleta fouls. He was also lucky not to receive two yellows at Southampton.

Should we be worried because I can think of other games where he’s done similar rash challenges, but got away with it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.