Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri is NOT useless

Pinturicchio said:
Of course he's useful. He's been useful and he will be. But we have every right to ask for more as we all know He can deliver more than we've seen so far.

This being said, We can't forget the huge impact he had in the run toward the title (I was at the Etihad on March 21).

Do you guys remember that night ?

article-2118584-1246EEEE000005DC-438_468x286.jpg

I do, fondly.

Just can't understand why he is so motivated against London clubs. If Nasri put in that kind of effort all the time, he'd be starting every game.

Happy he's staying as he is a talented player but he still has to prove himself in sky blue. If he has a big season I'm sure everyone will get onside.

Re: Samir Nasri is NOT a Shithouse

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
You're fighting a losing battle mate. He isn't a 'shithouse' and everyone here knows it. But people need a scapegoat and because Nasri did ONE thing in a high profile match, he is that scapegoat. He's an asset to the team who will have a big season. It could be argued he had a better season than Dave last year.

Hey, what's goin' on 'ere? I had a cracking season last season. I forecast Yaya's goal v Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim two seconds BEFORE he swung his leg. How many have done that! No way, are yer shipping me off to PSG!

One of the most naturally gifted footballers at our club hopefully MP will give him the confidence and playing time that he needs to be the player we all know he can be when he's at the top of his game.

One thing that gets my goat is that when players like Silva or Agüero make a mistake it's met with "unlucky, lad!" and a few applause (by the way, that's what should happen. I'm not saying get on everyone's back when they make mistakes)....Nasri makes a mistake and it's met with a huge collective groan from the stands, with some shouting "you're fucking shit, Nasri!" in full ear shot of the lad.

I've come onto post match threads on here and having seen Nasri play really well, there are posters saying "Nasri was shit today!" It's like they've got t in their heads and nowt will change it.

Silva is often mocked for not shooting enough but he actually didn't win one POTM award last season, when Samir did in a season plagued by a virus, suspensions and injuries. We let Agüero off for having a stop-start season. Let's see if he stays well, disciplined and injury free, eh?see how good he is then.

I've got a good feeling about Nasri for this season.

Caveman said:
I've come onto post match threads on here and having seen Nasri play really well, there are posters saying "Nasri was shit today!" It's like they've got t in their heads and nowt will change it.

Yeah I was that guy and this is why:

He did this at Arsenal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvEXG99_o1Q[/youtube]

(Best to keep your sound down because the music is crap. Plus I'd start it at 0:38 seconds because that's when the football kicks in.

This sums up what he has done at City:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1DkqIGJVSY[/youtube]

My point is I am still waiting to see him do what he did at Arsenal. As the first clip shows he had that drive to get the ball in the back of the net. At City I've hardly seen that drive and that is all that I am asking for.

I'm not putting sole blame on him for doing too much passing in the box, loads of players were guilty of that last season. I use that second clip to show how he had a chance to shoot but decided to pass. Any player with drive would of taken the shot. Hopefully he will get it back this season. If not, he can fuck off!

pweyhe said:
PLEASE READ ALL OF IT BEFORE COMMENTING.. This is an adamant defense of an undervalued player..

Ever since Nasri left Arsenal, abuse has reigned down on him in amounts I don't think he was ready for. Soon after the media started searching for ways to make him look bad, and sky sports has a hard-on for criticizing everything he does.

Then the Euro championships came along, and he got man of the match in the first game but was then made a dumb gesture to the media, which young people are prone to do sometimes. Usually it would be forgotten, but instead it was somehow made the focus of everything that went wrong for France in the next games. So now he has his own country's people and media bashing him into the ground as well.

Then he comes back and has a great start to the season for us, but gets injured, and then comes back playing great and gets suspended, and then comes back and the Man U incident happens. At this point even his OWN club's fans are bashing him.

Clearly he made some mistakes in this time period, but wow did he really deserve literally everyone criticizing and abusing him. The guy couldn't tweet without getting a thousand insults in response.

At this point, he had every reason to just take his money and ask to move on to some lower club.. but he didn't. He came back in the last 2 months, and fought to be one of our best players, and it continued into America and now in South Africa.

What is my point? I'm sick of people calling him a shithouse and a coward. Yeah he's done some stupid crap, but he has gotten an extraordinary amount of abuse for someone who isn't exactly attacking anyone else? The kid is just prideful like most people in the world. But he didn't give up on this club, did he? He's here and he is clearly fighting to prove himself and to help this team. He didn't have to do that. He could have easily left and ran from the abuse, but he chose to stand up and be counted, and I think that takes some serious mental strength.

Also, sometimes people don't like the things he says, but I find his take on things quite refreshing. He is always honest and candid about what is happening and how he feels. He doesn't blame other people for his problems, and he knows what he has to do to improve. Anyone who doesn't believe me should read his Times interview from last year.. <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283513</a> He is intelligent, and he LOVES football.

I'm sorry for this ridiculously long defense, but I've thought about this from time to time so I guess I just spewed it all out. I really hope people will get behind Nasri, because when he feels love and support.. that is when he is at his best. And he is honestly a joy to watch when confident and flowing, and he could do BIG things for us if we just give him some support!

I don't particularly care what he did against united. I care that he had had about half a dozen decent games since he arrived. The rest he has been a liability. He slows play down by putting his foot on the ball, showing it to the defender and taking four or five touches. At this point all the runs supporting him have become redundant and the overlappers and forwards are no longer in dangerous positions. They stop because they are picked up or have gone offside. The whole momentum of the move breaks down and nasri's only option is to turn around and pass backwards. This is one of the reasons we became easy to defend against. He comes inside from the wide positions when played there, and so having him and silva in those roles in mancini's 4222 meant we were always far too narrow. The only "positive" thing he does is look for non-existent one twos. Punts the ball ten yards to a team mate and runs, gesticulating, into an area where a return ball is impossible.

I have never rated him but I haven't totally given up on him. The traits above are mental rather than physical. They show an enormous lack of confidence and refusal to take risks. He has a bit of skill so I think, if we don't sell him this summer or January, there's a small chance he might improve dramatically under a fresh coach who can bring out that boldness. But I'm not holding my breath. And I won't be bothered if he's sold as it stands.

Oh, and save your "he could have looked for a move" stuff. He wanted a move last year but couldn't get it.

Caveman said:
One thing that gets my goat is that when players like Silva or Agüero make a mistake it's met with "unlucky, lad!" and a few applause (by the way, that's what should happen. I'm not saying get on everyone's back when they make mistakes)....Nasri makes a mistake and it's met with a huge collective groan from the stands, with some shouting "you're fucking shit, Nasri!" in full ear shot of the lad.

Silva is often mocked for not shooting enough but he actually didn't win one POTM award last season, when Samir did in a season plagued by a virus, suspensions and injuries. We let Agüero off for having a stop-start season. Let's see if he stays well, disciplined and injury free, eh?see how good he is then.

I've got a good feeling about Nasri for this season.

Very true about the pre-programmed reaction of fans, it's the nature of the beast. Audiences in general do it, be it comedians or singers, the favourite gets applause no matter what, the scapegoat gets the boos, also no matter what. Things can change, providing the victim has enough mental strength and confidence to see it through.
Over the years City fans have given savage treatment to players they dont like, for whatever reason, and it will not change any time soon. In Nasri's case, being French doesn't help, the free-kick will live long in the memory, MP will be crucial in his use of a very talented player, as to whether we see the best of a gifted player.
Wonder what the French is for "boo that ya bastards"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.