Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bugsyblue said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
He only performs against shit teams. He has never played an outstanding match against top top side. Against top sides he always tries to hide and do not want to take leadership. And when he plays shit, he becomes a psycho.

I'd considered Roma a top side and he did very well against them away in Rome, as well as against Chelsea in our first title winning campaign. However I agree, he goes hiding far too often against the likes of Arsenal, Barca, Bayern etc.

He was the best player in a City shirt for 85 minutes against Bayern at home this season.

Truth is that in the past two or three years, there have been long periods where he's been more effective than Silva.

Kaini Industries said:
bugsyblue said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
He only performs against shit teams. He has never played an outstanding match against top top side. Against top sides he always tries to hide and do not want to take leadership. And when he plays shit, he becomes a psycho.

I'd considered Roma a top side and he did very well against them away in Rome, as well as against Chelsea in our first title winning campaign. However I agree, he goes hiding far too often against the likes of Arsenal, Barca, Bayern etc.

He was the best player in a City shirt for 85 minutes against Bayern at home this season.

Truth is that in the past two or three years, there have been long periods where he's been more effective than Silva.

Sorry but that is garbage. Nasri is good at keep ball that's all.

Sunny Coast Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Quite simply should never pull the shirt on ever again, an absolute fucking disgrace. He was a joke before that petulant kick out, that was the icing on the cake.

Fat, lazy, shithouse, wanker, bag of donkey spunk.

Lopes would of delivered more this season, and that tells you what the youth is there for, to give us the energy required to give the team some energy, balance and cover. This xxxx is stealing a living and the development of someone who gives a fcuk.

+1
lopes for a 18 years old looks fitter than nasri who is 28 who is supposed to be at his peak

no wonder no one in france likes him and he has already retired from international football

had no world cup and everybody hoped he would come fired up (with getting new contract)

instead all we got was him and his girlfriend mouthing off the french national manger

he came back unfit and got injured sell him

this guy and his best bud yaya toure are what is wrong with this team

sell him de buyrne is ten times the player this guy is

Kaini Industries said:
bugsyblue said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:

sergio was the only player who was good in that match

we were lucky in that match against 10 man bayern

people always talk about his ball retention but does not do anything with

nasri no way as good as silva, isco iniesta

the guy is the most cowardly player in the team we have

I thought I had him sussed. Then he had me fooled.

No, I was right the first time.

I asked if he were future captain material a few weeks back?

Sadly, he has reverted to type and as others have stated, we should maybe cash in while we can.

He's not had the stellar career with us that he should have had, but he we can hardly call it wasted with two titles medals and a League Cup in three years.

Think he would do great in Italy where the pace is more suited.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Is it me or does he look rather portly

Quite a few of them do.
Not sure whether is muscle bulk or less vigorous training.

Someone will be along soon to tell us how state of the art the monitoring of the physical work and conditioning is - sports scientists and experts in their field no less. However with the laymans naked eye you can see players blowing after 10 mins, lacking in stamina and an inability to keep up with players they should be tracking.

I watched the FA Cup Final win a few weeks back and couldn't beileve the difference in physical appearance from lean and athletic then to bulked now.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I thought I had him sussed. Then he had me fooled.

No, I was right the first time.

I asked if he were future captain material a few weeks back?

Sadly, he has reverted to type and as others have stated, we should maybe cash in while we can.

He's not had the stellar career with us that he should have had, but he we can hardly call it wasted with two titles medals and a League Cup in three years.

Think he would do great in Italy where the pace is more suited.
A bit harsh, I do feel Nasri brings a real determination, but in too many big games his determination to do well turns into frustration like we saw last night and similarly against CSKA at home etc. I do think he really wants to do well for City and for the most he has done. For me I think he bullies smaller and mid table teams (every good team has a few of these) they cant pick him up and he controls the game, especially in the absence of Silva. However I'd find it difficult to pick him in the big games, especially considering the impact Navas had when he replaced him last night.

So i'd keep him, after all he is still a very good player, just maybe not for those bigger games where Silva should probably play as the lone playmaker.

Mister Appointment said:
As one of his long time champions in here even I will say that it's time to move him on if we can get the right money. At the age he's at his value will begin to drop in the coming years and we can improve on him in the market this summer.

This. We need to learn from the mistake that was Yaya last summer when we could and should have sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.