Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Nasri but cannot defend last night he put himself before the team and that's unacceptable. I do think some people are being very selective in their assessment of Samir though. I firmly believe that during the spell this season when we had so many injuries around the Roma game etc, he did stand up and I felt he pulled the team through many of those games. As I said though no excuse for last night.

People were criticising the ref last night for being card happy. He did Nasri a massive (sniff) favour in my opinion; that was a nasty, petulant kick out and was arguably worth of a red card. Can't remember if the kick was on Alba (*edit* it was on Neymar), but Nasri just seemed to want to have a running feud with him all night. The sort of carry on you'd see at Hough End on a sunday morning. Very amateurish.

jimharri said:
People were criticising the ref last night for being card happy. He did Nasri a massive (sniff) favour in my opinion; that was a nasty, petulant kick out and was arguably worth of a red card. Can't remember if the kick was on Alba (*edit* it was on Neymar), but Nasri just seemed to want to have a running feud with him all night. The sort of carry on you'd see at Hough End on a sunday morning. Very amateurish.
He did the exact same thing against CSKA when things were going against us then as well. Got away with that time as well

One of the best in the league at keeping possession and that's why he started last night.
I have always been a big fan of him and I never slag off a City player but, as far as I'm concerned he tried to get himself sent off last night and I don't want to see him again this season (at least).

I don't understand all the hatred towards Nasri, I doubt many players in this squad have tried has hard as he has to make himself something at City (whether that's good enough is a different argument) I think his determination is what leads to the shows of frustration. However other players have done the same like Yaya did against CSKA and a few seasons ago where he tried to knock Mata's head off at Chelsea, Sergio also committed a pretty nasty tackle against someone last season I think yet no one has called for these players to be sold for the same reasons.

I fear that Nasri will always be a target for fans who don't appreciate the effort he puts in (the same with Navas and Kolarov) I think he will be a player that will only be truly appreciated once he has left. Just like we have always done with players in the past, I think some people need to get behind him rather than slag him off because of 1 or 2 incidents or bad performances.

Ell-ano said:
I don't understand all the hatred towards Nasri, I doubt many players in this squad have tried has hard as he has to make himself something at City (whether that's good enough is a different argument) I think his determination is what leads to the shows of frustration. However other players have done the same like Yaya did against CSKA and a few seasons ago where he tried to knock Mata's head off at Chelsea, Sergio also committed a pretty nasty tackle against someone last season I think yet no one has called for these players to be sold for the same reasons.

I fear that Nasri will always be a target for fans who don't appreciate the effort he puts in (the same with Navas and Kolarov) I think he will be a player that will only be truly appreciated once he has left. Just like we have always done with players in the past, I think some people need to get behind him rather than slag him off because of 1 or 2 incidents or bad performances.

Pseudo hard men are dislked more than others by our baying mob.

Oh - and sometimes he doesn't play well.

He has flattered to deceive for most of his time with us. He looks OK when we have 65% possession high in an opponents half. The game is too quick and mobile for him now -he would do better in Italy. Get shut asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.