Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
richards30 said:
Should be €20m and done deal.

Yeah I think that price is about right, providing he isn't a dick with his wages... which means we're stuck with him.

Do City have a policy of not selling big names (and I don't mean Rodwell and Johnson) to Premier League rivals? Every player of some quality seems to head abroad, often at cut prices (with exceptions like Garcia and Negredo), but do we offer Nasri, Jovetic and Dzeko to Spurs and Liverpool for example or are we worried it'll come back to haunt us? This is the only way you're going to get top dollar sometimes, for players who are very good but not world class (ruling out the foreign big spenders). Like Roma may offer £10m for Nasri, but Spurs or Liverpool could afford £20m. Even West Ham could give us £10m-£15m for a Kolarov or Navas* if they could take on the wages (Andy Carroll is on £90,000/week). Chelsea sold Mata to United for close to £40m - had they said no and offered him to Juve, they'd probably have gotten half of that.

* This isn't ignoring the will of the player, aka whether they would drop down from Champions League level, but Inter (where Yaya and Jovetic may be going) will not be in the Champions League and Roma (linked with Nasri) are in position to qualify but it isn't a done deal yet. Sevilla also weren't in the Champions League when Negredo went there. So it seems odd that our foreign players never go to the cash rich Premier League sides.

LoveCity said:
Do City have a policy of not selling big names (and I don't mean Rodwell and Johnson) to Premier League rivals? Every player of some quality seems to head abroad, often at cut prices (with exceptions like Garcia and Negredo), but do we offer Nasri, Jovetic and Dzeko to Spurs and Liverpool for example or are we worried it'll come back to haunt us? This is the only way you're going to get top dollar sometimes, for players who are very good but not world class (ruling out the foreign big spenders). Like Roma may offer £10m for Nasri, but Spurs or Liverpool could afford £20m. Even West Ham could give us £10m-£15m for a Kolarov or Navas* if they could take on the wages (Andy Carroll is on £90,000/week). Chelsea sold Mata to United for close to £40m - had they said no and offered him to Juve, they'd probably have gotten half of that.

* This isn't ignoring the will of the player, aka whether they would drop down from Champions League level, but Inter (where Yaya and Jovetic may be going) will not be in the Champions League and Roma (linked with Nasri) are in position to qualify but it isn't a done deal yet. Sevilla also weren't in the Champions League when Negredo went there. So it seems odd that our foreign players never go to the cash rich Premier League sides.

It doesn't happen often with the big clubs. Torres from Liverpool to Chelsea being an example. Plus, it's seen by many as aiding your rival. Chelsea spent the money for Mata wisely... being an example.

BigOscar said:
pudge said:
J_Bow said:
He's not 'easily worth £20m' poor attitude and too inconsistent.
2mzlfq.png

I think a player under contract for the next 4 years, entering the prime of his career at a soon to be 28 and who is as good as Nasri is, yes, "easily" worth £20m in today's market and we are in no real need of having to bend over to any cheapskates.
Balotelli was a 22 year old with the potential to be a world beater, Nasri is a 27 year old who has proven himself to be short of the very top level. I can't see who you think would be offering £20m for him, who he would actually be willing to go to. (otherwise there is no end of mid table premier league clubs who'd fork it over easily, but he wouldn't go there) How many clubs are there in world football who shell out £20m transfer fees and how many of them would want him? I just don't see the market for him. Italy is skint, France hates him, Spain only has a couple of clubs with that sort of money and he's not good enough for them, while it's hard to see too many realistic PL takers for him.
And an example that a "bad attitude and being too inconsistent" is not as big a deterrent as many on here would have you believe.

As for the market and who would spend £20m on players, the idea that he's unwelcome in France, period, is ludicrous. However, there's a team akin to Roma's current level playing in Germany in the shape of Wolfsburg. Who may well lose a player in Nasri's position this summer for a rather sizeable fee and who this season signed a Chelsea substitute for £22m. That's hardly an outlandish club? Champions League next season, good league etc. Why not the Bundesliga?

However, to simplify it, my point was he is worth at least £20m. Whether other clubs agree is irrelevant to that point; Tevez was "worth" more than £10m but considering the circumstances that was a fair fee. Yaya is "worth" more than £5m. The idea that Nasri is such a **** that no club will touch him is laughable and given he's well under contract and the quality he has, we don't need to give in to any club that wishes to low-ball us; they can offer what they want, however, £11m is well short of the value Nasri represents.

Nasri hasn't handed in a transfer request (unlike Tevez and Yaya) so in theory we can get a very good fee.

GaudinoMotors said:
Could see Chelsea selling on a player of his ability for €20m.
They arguably did earlier this season in Schurrle; for £22m.

All day a 20m player but the only reason,yet again....that we couldn't command such a fee,are his humongous wages.

Arguably - but not as good for me (awaits "World Cup Winner")
Just think €20m isn't nearly enough. A great player but an easy target because he isn't the running through brick walls type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.