Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
billfromthehill said:
hgblue said:
Criminally under-rated. A much better player than he gets credit for.
100% my thoughts entirely top player and has the magic it just comes down to his positioning for me
Could get the winner tomoz as Deirdre Barlow said oh Samir I think he is mint

Conceited lazy fooker . Master of the 6 foot meaningless pass. Think he's the result of a Ray Wilkins love triste on a trip to the South of France.

billfromthehill said:
hgblue said:
100% my thoughts entirely top player and has the magic it just comes down to his positioning for me

Or maybe he'll duck under a Rip Van Winkle free kick again.

nellyonthewing said:
billfromthehill said:
hgblue said:

Conceited lazy fooker . Master of the 6 foot meaningless pass. Think he's the result of a Ray Wilkins love triste on a trip to the South of France.
That's harsh. There were games this season when he was outstanding as Silva was out, he took a lot of responsibility. I also don't think he's been the worst in our recent poor run of form, in fact i would go as far to say he has put more effort in than Yaya. Personally i think with a bit of coaching, he could be a much better central midfielder with late bursts into the box, than being out wide. But for that, he would need to be much better disciplined than he is, although I do feel he has improved a lot in that aspect as well.

He has played a big part in 2 championship seasons for us so I don't think anyone could say he has been a failure at City, however I'm with the majority that he may need to be moved on this summer if he is the bait that will lure Pogba.
We can't afford to to play with a midfield of Silva Nasri and Toure as it just doesn't work against the top sides as there is just not enough work rate in it, so for me Toure and Nasri have to be the ones who are moved on

Dribble said:
billfromthehill said:
Dribble said:
We have an abundance of riches that's the brilliant bit, but it also shows an imbalance in our squad which is slightly skewed by the fact Toure was bought as a defensive midfielder but has been found to be more effective further forward without the millstone of having key defensive responsibilities on him.

Take into account Jovetic can also play as a striker its about putting players where they best fit not trying to make them fit a system that doesn't suit their particular talents.

How many times has it been said that Toure let's us down defensively when in a midfield 2?
How many times has Silva left us exposed on the left when he naturally drifts inside?
How many times has Nasri been accused of 'not turning up' when played on the left or right?

For me Jovetic has never been given an extended run in the team to allow him to settle down, to stop trying so hard to impress and to prove what he can do? Jovetic is a proper footballer IMO and has shown how effective he can be when he's been allowed to play centrally behind the main striker. We have enough No 10 types to cover for injuries, suspension, loss of form, tiredness etc. None of them suit a wide role at the highest level, so why don't we set the team up to suit what we have and rotate them as necessary?

We've got the tools, so its up to 'The Engineer' to construct a solid winning unit given the sum of parts at his disposal.
Sniff sniff I agree with the jov comments entirely but the other comments sound like the last few
Very raggy indeed imo oh shit is it derby week.o,I course it is silly me .
Sorry, you'll have to decipher what on earth you're on about for me, unless of course you meant you have a cold and are looking for a rag to wipe your nostrils with on derby week???
I stand by what I've wrote and your last two lines are even more bully ish engineer tools sum of parts FUCK OFF MR.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Nasri doesnt do it enough in the big games , he scored vital goals against roma and sunderland in the cup final , but when we play the top 5 in the premiership or barca,bayern,madrid he is invisible , hes a good squad player , but not a starter against the top teams.
Like everyone else in the CL. They all go missing. At least when he was the One asked to do a job in Rome he delivered.

But I can't remember a game against Chelsea that he wasn't good in. Scores or assists also on many of these.

I can only think of one single derby where he underperformed (Van persie fk). Usually he gets a goal or an assist there also. Twice man of the match in Derbys. Not bad.

And we blame him for current season but weirdly we've got a much higher win percentage when he starts and that isn't only coincidence.

Still I think if we need to use him to get Pogba as it seems then do it of course. Pogba is not only going to replace Yaya but will add even more.
But we'll have to get a good replacement for Nasri as well. I'm thinking Reus is the best out there.

Samir is a fantastically gifted player who needs to sort his head out.

In the mood, he would be one of the first on my team sheet. Sadly, he has Yaya syndrom in that we never know which one is turning up.

The selling of Yaya could be the making of Samir.

mosssideblue said:

In the mood, he would be one of the first on my team sheet. Sadly, he has Yaya syndrom in that we never know which one is turning up.

Unfortunately they will hand in hand skip off into the sunset :-)

spanishblue said:
mosssideblue said:

Unfortunately they will hand in hand skip off into the sunset :-)

I suspect your right and if we replace wisely, will be a good move to let them go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.