Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should be looking to sell Nasri - but if he can be used to buy Pogba then it's an option I would certainly consider. As others have mentioned, the answer isn't always a 4-2-3-1 with pace in the wide positions. Sometimes that guile and ability on the ball - and an eye for a pass is what is needed. Nasri is an excellent player for us in games where we know we are going to keep the ball most of the game. Having Silva playing in the no.10 role and Nasri drifting around would be excellent and with some pace on the other side it would work extremely well.

Dribble said:
MeatHunterrr said:
BigOscar said:
Just one of many who only plays when he wants to. Needs fucking off, along with the others who also only try when it suits them. People talk about the team having an attitude problem, it's hard to look past Yaya, Nasri, Kolarov and Dzeko on that front.
Completely agree. Get rid.
Sorry but I disagree. You'll get no arguments from me regarding Kolorov & Dzeko, but I think we've suffered for a long time trying to fit square pegs into round holes.......

Question (open to anyone who wants to comment): What is the best/strongest position for the following players?

Nasri
Silva
Toure
Jovetic

IMHO, we have a brilliant situation which has become a hinderance with MP's insistence on 442. We have four very good/world class No10's in Jovetic, Nasri, Silva & Yaya which is the brilliant situation, however the hinderance is with MP's love of 442 and the fact we are constantly putting square pegs in round holes because MP seems to prefer picking his best players available instead of picking the best players for his preferred system.

How is having four players that play the same position a brilliant situation?

Rolee said:
Dribble said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Completely agree. Get rid.
Sorry but I disagree. You'll get no arguments from me regarding Kolorov & Dzeko, but I think we've suffered for a long time trying to fit square pegs into round holes.......

Question (open to anyone who wants to comment): What is the best/strongest position for the following players?

Nasri
Silva
Toure
Jovetic

IMHO, we have a brilliant situation which has become a hinderance with MP's insistence on 442. We have four very good/world class No10's in Jovetic, Nasri, Silva & Yaya which is the brilliant situation, however the hinderance is with MP's love of 442 and the fact we are constantly putting square pegs in round holes because MP seems to prefer picking his best players available instead of picking the best players for his preferred system.

We have an abundance of riches that's the brilliant bit, but it also shows an imbalance in our squad which is slightly skewed by the fact Toure was bought as a defensive midfielder but has been found to be more effective further forward without the millstone of having key defensive responsibilities on him.

Take into account Jovetic can also play as a striker its about putting players where they best fit not trying to make them fit a system that doesn't suit their particular talents.

How many times has it been said that Toure let's us down defensively when in a midfield 2?
How many times has Silva left us exposed on the left when he naturally drifts inside?
How many times has Nasri been accused of 'not turning up' when played on the left or right?

For me Jovetic has never been given an extended run in the team to allow him to settle down, to stop trying so hard to impress and to prove what he can do? Jovetic is a proper footballer IMO and has shown how effective he can be when he's been allowed to play centrally behind the main striker. We have enough No 10 types to cover for injuries, suspension, loss of form, tiredness etc. None of them suit a wide role at the highest level, so why don't we set the team up to suit what we have and rotate them as necessary?

We've got the tools, so its up to 'The Engineer' to construct a solid winning unit given the sum of parts at his disposal.

supercity88 said:
I don't think we should be looking to sell Nasri - but if he can be used to buy Pogba then it's an option I would certainly consider. As others have mentioned, the answer isn't always a 4-2-3-1 with pace in the wide positions. Sometimes that guile and ability on the ball - and an eye for a pass is what is needed. Nasri is an excellent player for us in games where we know we are going to keep the ball most of the game and where opposition don't press us high up the pitch.

Dribble said:
Rolee said:
Dribble said:

Nasri
Silva
Toure
Jovetic

We have an abundance of riches that's the brilliant bit, but it also shows an imbalance in our squad which is slightly skewed by the fact Toure was bought as a defensive midfielder but has been found to be more effective further forward without the millstone of having key defensive responsibilities on him.

Take into account Jovetic can also play as a striker its about putting players where they best fit not trying to make them fit a system that doesn't suit their particular talents.

How many times has it been said that Toure let's us down defensively when in a midfield 2?
How many times has Silva left us exposed on the left when he naturally drifts inside?
How many times has Nasri been accused of 'not turning up' when played on the left or right?

For me Jovetic has never been given an extended run in the team to allow him to settle down, to stop trying so hard to impress and to prove what he can do? Jovetic is a proper footballer IMO and has shown how effective he can be when he's been allowed to play centrally behind the main striker. We have enough No 10 types to cover for injuries, suspension, loss of form, tiredness etc. None of them suit a wide role at the highest level, so why don't we set the team up to suit what we have and rotate them as necessary?

We've got the tools, so its up to 'The Engineer' to construct a solid winning unit given the sum of parts at his disposal.

Both Mancini and Pellegrini have identified the 4-2-2-2 formation as one which allows us to use two 'number 10'-type players (usually Silva and Nasri), and still pose the necessary goal threat. I agree though that Jovetic has been underused - while I wouldn't class him as a typical number 10 (rather a striker who drops off the front (i.e. more Tevez than Silva)), I think he could be an effective foil for Aguero, and would also be an option from the left that would give us a goal threat from there.
I don't agree that Yaya is a world class number 10. For me, he's a far better player in a deeper position with the game in front of him; with his back to goal, he's nowhere near as good as the likes of Silva or Nasri. He has been effective for us at times in a more advanced position, but not very frequently - most cases for playing him further forward still revolve around those 20 minutes or so at Newcastle (when he was, admittedly, awesome).

Dribble said:

Nasri
Silva
Toure
Jovetic

Exactly.

Its glaringly obvious and yet.......

I'm a fan of Nasri I think he is a class act when his heads in the game. I do however think we should sell him as he would command the biggest transfer fee out of the players we would be looking to sell.

He would also make a serious make weight in any move for a world class player we need.

Sell him if the opportunity arises. Massive wages, questionable attitude, and inconsistent.

Dribble said:
Rolee said:
Dribble said:

Nasri
Silva
Toure
Jovetic

Sniff sniff I agree with the jov comments entirely but the other comments sound like the last few
Very raggy indeed imo oh shit is it derby week.o,I course it is silly me .

billfromthehill said:
Dribble said:
Rolee said:

Sniff sniff I agree with the jov comments entirely but the other comments sound like the last few
Very raggy indeed imo oh shit is it derby week.o,I course it is silly me .
Sorry, you'll have to decipher what on earth you're on about for me, unless of course you meant you have a cold and are looking for a rag to wipe your nostrils with on derby week???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.