Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
Dribble said:
Was about to say something similar, Silva has earned that central position. I'm a fan of Nasri but if he's unhappy/underperforming in a wide role then tough, it's the bench or the door.
So yiu'd say the same of Silva if he was told he was now being converted to a right sing back? You'd say 'tough, its the bench or the door'?

Again, square pegs, round holes and wrong formation for the personnel we have.

Silva has performed to a standard between good and absolutely out of this world for 99% of his games in a City shirt, regardless of position, tactics or fatigue. I would be extremely unhappy if he was sacrificed for an inferior player.
This is why 442 with Silva is so baffling. I accept football is a fluid sport and the players move around all the time, but if you watch Silva, he always gravitates toward the central midfield area so whilst he's starring the show, he leaves us totally exposed at left back which such footballing luminaries like Hughes, Poyet, Fat Sam, Pulis, LVG & Pardew have all recognised as a weakness & a flaw with how we play which is only covered up by the fact that we have the better players so it generally doesn't hurt us against lower league opposition. Against the better teams, its been a totally different matter though.

To summarise, we've been found out with 442 and players like Nasri, Yaya & Kompany have had to carry the can. Knowing Yaya's and Nasri's strengths & weaknesses, why would anyone want to leave them exposed like this when there is no need, especially when Roma away, our December form and our recent PL form has shown there's a better way to win matches, score goals, concede less whilst still playing attractive football. Why?

Danamy said:
hgblue said:
Danamy said:
I agree his best display this season was Roma away but since then he let us down badly in Barcelona with his petulance.

I'd be more inclined to see our last 5 games playing 4-2-3-1 without him and there's no way on this earth he's in front of Silva

As well as Silva, not instead of:

Milner---------Nasri--------Silva

--------------Aguero-----------

Like I said no way he'd get in front of Silva and where you've got Nasri it's Silva's best position imo

I'm sure Silva has been playing there in the last few games you quoted that we've won? There's a huge difference between playing on the left hand side of a midfield 3 than playing on the left hand side in a 442. Hugely frustrating that he hasn't been given a run of games in this system because 442 just doesn't suit him, and he's not alone there.

Dribble said:
Dribble said:
So yiu'd say the same of Silva if he was told he was now being converted to a right sing back? You'd say 'tough, its the bench or the door'?

Again, square pegs, round holes and wrong formation for the personnel we have.

Silva has performed to a standard between good and absolutely out of this world for 99% of his games in a City shirt, regardless of position, tactics or fatigue. I would be extremely unhappy if he was sacrificed for an inferior player.
This is why 442 with Silva is so baffling. I accept football is a fluid sport and the players move around all the time, but if you watch Silva, he always gravitates toward the central midfield area so whilst he's starring the show, he leaves us totally exposed at left back which such footballing luminaries like Hughes, Poyet, Fat Sam, Pulis, LVG & Pardew have all recognised as a weakness & a flaw with how we play which is only covered up by the fact that we have the better players so it generally doesn't hurt us against lower league opposition. Against the better teams, its been a totally different matter though.

To summarise, we've been found out with 442 and players like Nasri, Yaya & Kompany have had to carry the can. Knowing Yaya's and Nasri's strengths & weaknesses, why would anyone want to leave them exposed like this when there is no need, especially when Roma away, our December form and our recent PL form has shown there's a better way to win matches, score goals, concede less whilst still playing attractive football. Why?

So by your logic, we're weakening the team by not playing Silva behind the main striker, so we should switch to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 and play Nasri behind the main striker, eitherd benching Silva or playing him out wide.

I give up.

Danamy said:
Dribble said:
Danamy said:
Where would you play Nasri and in what formation?

---------------------------Fernandinho-----------------------
-----------------Yaya--------------------Silva------------------
Navas--------------------Aguero---------------------Milner

Or

---------------------------Fernando---------------------------
---------------Jovetic--------------------Nasri----------------
Navas----------------------Bony---------------------Milner

This is how I see us. Where would you play him and what formation do you think best suits his talents?

I would sell him and have Silva in the hole with De Bruyne and Sterling or Bale either side

Nasri has been part of our rise but he'll now be left behind as we push forward again imho
But I'm not talking hypothetically, I'm talking now with the players we have. I'm also not talking Nasri OR Silva, I'm talking about us as a squad because the two can quite happily co-exist as competition and back-up for each other which is needed in a possible 60 game season.

What I'm suggesting goes to the heart of our mantra of having two equally good players for each position with adequate cover filling out the rest of the squad places. If we had to play Chelsea on a Sunday & Barca on the following Tuesday, surely you're not suggesting flogging Silva to death in both matches & playing him on the following Saturday too are you?

Dribble said:

So by your logic, we're weakening the team by not playing Silva behind the main striker, so we should switch to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 and play Nasri behind the main striker, eitherd benching Silva or playing him out wide.

I give up.
Don't give up, just bear with me a moment as I think you're tying yourself up in formational knots uneccessarily. I think we both will agree that with a possible 60 game season that squad rotation is absolutely crucial, so taking this into account why can't Nasri & Silva co-exist? See below.

Or

Navas----------------------Bony-------------------Kolorov

Dribble said:
Dribble said:

I give up.
Don't give up, just bear with me a moment as I think you're tying yourself up in formational knots uneccessarily. I think we both will agree that with a possible 60 game season that squad rotation is absolutely crucial, so taking this into account why can't Nasri & Silva co-exist? See below.

Or

Jovetic in central midfield as a playmaker? I've seen it all now.

Dribble said:

I give up.

Or

Jovetic in central midfield as a playmaker? I've seen it all now.
I'm glad to enlighten you. Can I ask where you think Jovetic is better suited? Defensive Mid? Left winger? Right winger? Jovetic's best position was always as a deep lying striker/attacking midfielder/striker and that's where I've place him. Square peg in a square hole or round peg in a round hole, you choose. Either way like all players, they should play in their strongest positions whenever possible and if it doesn't work out, the players will have no excuses.

4 Questions:

1. Do you believe Silva & Nasri can co-exist & compliment each other in the same squad as I've outlined because I've noticed you've declined to comment further?

2. What position do you think Jovetic was bought to play?

3. What do you think is the strongest position for Jovetic?

4. What do you think is the strongest position for Nasri?

Silva & Nasri complemented each other when we played 4231 with Yaya up front and 2 holding MDF. (NDJ & Barry under Mancini)...

And of course the 442 with both playing wide and 2 strikers in front of them also worked. I think it worked best when we had both Tevez and Aguero up front as the 2 Argentinians have the stamina to help.

I would have him out the door toute suite .... new era, more steel required in our squad if we want to beat Mourinho... anyone with a remotely suspect attitude out, gone, finished, au revoir!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.