Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he must be acting under Pellegrini's instructions but it does give Mangala (and the defence in general) problems often having to try and cover 2 positions.

Personally think he's a bit overrated going forward and a bit underrated defensively but there aren't many teams out there with 2 left backs with the quality of Kolarov and Clichy.
That seems a fairly fair assessment.

For my money he's the best attacking left back in the league bar none and defensively he's quite good but not at the standard of the best defensive full backs.

I'm sure he must be acting under Pellegrini's instructions but it does give Mangala (and the defence in general) problems often having to try and cover 2 positions.

Personally think he's a bit overrated going forward and a bit underrated defensively but there aren't many teams out there with 2 left backs with the quality of Kolarov and Clichy.

It shouldn't give Mangala problems at all - IF the def. midfielder(s) do their job, part of which is to provide cover if a quick counter attack is launched when one of the full backs is down the other end of the pitch.

It shouldn't give Mangala problems at all - IF the def. midfielder(s) do their job, part of which is to provide cover if a quick counter attack is launched when one of the full backs is down the other end of the pitch.

They generally stay in the middle and protect the centre rather than dropping into a full back slot. I have to assume that is their instruction. At present Mangala has to spend nearly as much time in LB position as he does CB. Rarely see Fernandinho or Fernando in that position.

They generally stay in the middle and protect the centre rather than dropping into a full back slot. I have to assume that is their instruction. At present Mangala has to spend nearly as much time in LB position as he does CB. Rarely see Fernandinho or Fernando in that position.
Maybe it is an instruction, I just find it odd that they leave the space behind the full backs more or less unprotected. Certainly when Barry was in the team he was usually good at covering that space, then again he played full back earlier in his career so perhaps that helped.

According to SSN has the second worst shot conversion rate, 6.02% since 2013. The moral of this story, stop shooting Aleks, concentrate on defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.