Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Rammy Blue said:
blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
Kompany may have his work cut out getting back in the team

Exactly how it should be as well.

Bizarrely, I think it's helped Mangala settle having to take more responsibility by playing alongside MDM. Once Vince is back in I think we'll start to see a great partnership take shape.

Agreed. Mangala had a baptism of fire by not only being in a new team and league but also having a different partner every game.

MDM has the experience to get a young lad like this settled and they both look solid and ssured right now and very much owners of the shirt.

Vinny will of course get back in and with him and Mangala, we have one of the best CB partnerships in world football for years to come.

blueinsa said:
Rammy Blue said:
blueinsa said:
Exactly how it should be as well.

Bizarrely, I think it's helped Mangala settle having to take more responsibility by playing alongside MDM. Once Vince is back in I think we'll start to see a great partnership take shape.

Agreed. Mangala had a baptism of fire by not only being in a new team and league but also having a different partner every game.

MDM has the experience to get a young lad like this settled and they both look solid and ssured right now and very much owners of the shirt.

Vinny will of course get back in and with him and Mangala, we have one of the best CB partnerships in world football for years to come.
Mangala has looked very good alongside Demichelis. Maybe just coincidence

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Rammy Blue said:

Like i say mate, MDM has so much experience, it can only help the lad and given how well he is playing as well, its made us solid.

One word for him CLASSY ... I love watching him Glide as he runs so smooth .. i get that kompany feel about him ..

Marvin said:
blueinsa said:
Rammy Blue said:

Agreed Vinny being injured has done us a favour in that Demichelis vast experience is helping Mangala by showing him you don't always need to dive straight in a win the ball away. He definatly seems to have a calming influence.

Both Vinny and Mangala are very similar in there approach they need more time to work together as a partnership but thank god we have Demichelis around whilst Mangala settles in.

Davs 19 said:
Marvin said:
Kompany may have his work cut out getting back in the team

Probably not a popular post Marv, but, much as I love Vinny, on this seasons form, you may have a point.

With the dire condition of most of the top club's defenses, this is an excellent problem to have.

blueinsa said:
Marvin said:
blueinsa said:

Like i say mate, MDM has so much experience, it can only help the lad and given how well he is playing as well, its made us solid.

MDM is an excellent footballer and plays with a lot of intelligence. I don't see him keeping Vinnie out of the the side though but with the way Manga is starting to perform, Vinnie probably does not need to be rushed back and can be rotated a bit more in order to, hopefully, reduce the number of injuries he suffers.

I thought Eli was tremendous today; he was my MotM.

He hardly put a foot wrong all game. He made several excellent tackles and some great clearing headers.

He's taken his time to find his feet in the Premier League - many players do - but hopefully, now he will go from strength to strength.

Vienna_70 said:
I thought Eli was tremendous today; he was my MotM.

He hardly put a foot wrong all game. He made several excellent tackles and some great clearing headers.

He's taken his time to find his feet in the Premier League - many players do - but hopefully, now he will go from strength to strength.
He has everything mate- apart from the rag loving media on his back early season. Agree with a lot mentioned, I love Kompany but he will learn more right now with MDM' s experience. Sounds daft I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.