Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Seems to be a mental block with some City fans when it comes to Mangala. A guy I was sat near blamed Mangala for Zabba chopping down a Sunderland player.........fact is, Zabba was at fault. If it was the other way around he'd have been calling for Mangala's head but Zabba is a cracking player to him and can do no wrong.

Really struggling to understand why Eli has such a fan club here. Awful today in the first half. He's strong, quick, doesn't shirk responsibility, but his reading of the game is atrocious. To win the prem this year, it has to be Vinnie and MDM in ALL the big games.

Ballymagash Blue said:
Really struggling to understand why Eli has such a fan club here. Awful today in the first half. He's strong, quick, doesn't shirk responsibility, but his reading of the game is atrocious. To win the prem this year, it has to be Vinnie and MDM in ALL the big games.

We disagree about Mangala. Your point about Vinny is somewhat moot though as we have to work out a way of keeping him fit to play in 'ALL' the big games.

FWIW, I think Mangala and Mart have been , in the main, top draw during the skippers absence.

Think Mangala and Demi have done well in Kompany's absence. One of Burnely's was offside and Sunderland were just annoyingly clinical. That said it is a bit if a conundrum as to who should be dropped with Kompany back fit for Everton next week.

Ballymagash Blue said:

Mangala has been excellent in arguably our hardest or biggest 3 games. Chelsea, Bayern & ROMA. Other than that, you have a point.

What did he do wrong today??? Other than Wednesdays goal I can't remember them testing our keeper,give the guy a break,it's like people want him to make a mistake

Sergio<3 said:
What did he do wrong today??? Other than Wednesdays goal I can't remember them testing our keeper,give the guy a break,it's like people want him to make a mistake

It's a lot easier to criticise him constantly and then admit he's turned into a good player a year down the line, then back him when the going isn't great. I've seen enough to know he has the ability and attitude to become brilliant. It's the same with people looking to write of Milner, Navas, Demichelis and Hart at any given opportunity.

Sergio<3 said:

Mangala was superb today.

Not his fault the goal. He did right to close down the wingers options. Not his Fault that YaYa, Fernando and Boyata let the scorer run past them without at least trying to chase him back.

BlueAnorak said:
Sergio<3 said:

Mangala was superb today.

Not his fault the goal. He did right to close down the wingers options. Not his Fault that YaYa, Fernando and Boyata let the scorer run past them without at least trying to chase him back.
He wasn't superb. He did nothing out of the ordinary expected of any decent centre half. Some poor touches, one really weak bit of play when he thigh'd the ball twenty yards to nobody when under no pressure at all...but overall just a run of the mill game any decent centre half would have.

I don't think he was at fault for the goal; Caballero has to be screaming at Boyata about what's about to unfold in front of him - yet he did fuck all. Over the game he did very little wrong but he wasn't superb.

I thought he had a good game today.

He did very little wrong and seems to be growing into his rôle at the club.

He was the senior partner of the central defensive pairing today and as such, seemed to take control.

It was probably good for his continuing 'education' that he came up against a lower league team, albeit one he played against 3 1/2 months ago.

I feel sure Eli is progressing and improving and by the start of next season, we'll be seeing the reason Eliaquim Mangala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.