Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't have been that bad in the games at Watford and Leicester. Hart had a handful of saves to make. Prior to those games many thought Vardy, Mahrez, Ighalo and Deeney would rip our defence apart. Didn't happen

He can't have been that bad in the games at Watford and Leicester. Hart had a handful of saves to make. Prior to those games many thought Vardy, Mahrez, Ighalo and Deeney would rip our defence apart. Didn't happen

Very good against Leicester, a couple of iffy moments against Watford. Too many people listen to commentators and pundits, they might think they're not being influenced by what's being said but it's clear from reading some posts on here that they are.

As said previously 38 league starts for Mangala now. 33 goals only conceded in those games and 89 points won.

He has the best points per game average for games started than any other City player in 14/15 and 15/16.

In those 38 league starts he has only finished on the losing side against 3 teams - Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool.

If he was as shit as many make out you'd think opponents would have exploited it more. They haven't.

Cut the guy some slack in my book.

Some people on this thread would have you believe hes been our best defender

Must have missed this, can you back that up with some examples?

See the first post quoted

As said previously 38 league starts for Mangala now. 33 goals only conceded in those games and 89 points won.

He has the best points per game average for games started than any other City player in 14/15 and 15/16.

In those 38 league starts he has only finished on the losing side against 3 teams - Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool.

If he was as shit as many make out you'd think opponents would have exploited it more. They haven't.

Cut the guy some slack in my book.
If ever there was an example of how stats can be used to hoodwink people it is this!!! The stats suggest Mango is good. Anyone with eyes knows different.

Let's try to collate all the excuses that have been used so far.....
1) he's a kid (who turns 25 next month)
2) his ageing team mates
3) the system he's forced to play
4) the wet pitch at Watford

That's 4 I've read. I'm sure I've missed others.

Interesting that Mangala seems to be the weak link in our defence but Otamendi is world class. You can easily slate both of them if it suits the argument as Otamendi runs around like a headless chicken at times with no care of what problems he is causing for the rest of the defence.

They can both make a successful partnership but they seem to be missing that one thing to help them. A Midfield that picks up the runners. Doesn't matter who you are as a defender if you have yaya wandering back when a team is attacking with pace your fucked.

Let's try to collate all the excuses that have been used so far.....
1) he's a kid (who turns 25 next month)
2) his ageing team mates
3) the system he's forced to play
4) the wet pitch at Watford

That's 4 I've read. I'm sure I've missed others.

5) He has had malaria
6) not had a pre season
7) needs more game time
8) needs to have time to gel with the players
9) injuries
10) Afcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.