Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try to collate all the excuses that have been used so far.....
1) he's a kid (who turns 25 next month)
2) his ageing team mates
3) the system he's forced to play
4) the wet pitch at Watford

That's 4 I've read. I'm sure I've missed others.

5. Toure as he seems to get blamed for everything.

Interesting that Mangala seems to be the weak link in our defence but Otamendi is world class. You can easily slate both of them if it suits the argument as Otamendi runs around like a headless chicken at times with no care of what problems he is causing for the rest of the defence.

They can both make a successful partnership but they seem to be missing that one thing to help them. A Midfield that picks up the runners. Doesn't matter who you are as a defender if you have yaya wandering back when a team is attacking with pace your fucked.
In 180 mintes against Ighalo and Vardy, the two in form forwards in the Premiership I remember two moments where they beat our defence

At Leicester Fernandinho got caught in possession and Vardy missed badly

At Watford, otamendi got too tight to Ighalo and was rolled and Ighalo got his shot away.

They don't receive criticism. Certain players get criticised and then it doesn't matter what they do. It takes ages for them to turn round the popular impression.

I thoght mangala and City defended well at leicester and Watford. Hart has been much busier in other games. Arguably Leicester gave us an easy time because they played for a point but anyone who concentrates on the defending at the moment is missing the bigger picture which is a City team struggling a lot more with our attacking game.

Hopefully we're on the upward curve again. Aguero and Silva back, and Kompany close to a return

If ever there was an example of how stats can be used to hoodwink people it is this!!! The stats suggest Mango is good. Anyone with eyes knows different.

No, the stats provide context, they don't necessarily suggest he's good, they do however suggest he's not as bad as some make out which was the point of the post.

As said previously 38 league starts for Mangala now. 33 goals only conceded in those games and 89 points won.

He has the best points per game average for games started than any other City player in 14/15 and 15/16.

In those 38 league starts he has only finished on the losing side against 3 teams - Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool.

If he was as shit as many make out you'd think opponents would have exploited it more. They haven't.

Cut the guy some slack in my book.

Good post.

In 180 mintes against Ighalo and Vardy, the two in form forwards in the Premiership I remember two moments where they beat our defence

At Leicester Fernandinho got caught in possession and Vardy missed badly

At Watford, otamendi got too tight to Ighalo and was rolled and Ighalo got his shot away.

They don't receive criticism. Certain players get criticised and then it doesn't matter what they do. It takes ages for them to turn round the popular impression.

I thoght mangala and City defended well at leicester and Watford. Hart has been much busier in other games. Arguably Leicester gave us an easy time because they played for a point but anyone who concentrates on the defending at the moment is missing the bigger picture which is a City team struggling a lot more with our attacking game.

Hopefully we're on the upward curve again. Aguero and Silva back, and Kompany close to a return

This is exactly how I feel.

The back 4 has not been at fault for a goal since the Arsenal game. They have more than turned it around.

Brennans tweeted mangala has a hamstring injury. Should we play Sagna centre half & Zaba at Rb for Norwich or stick with demichelis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.