Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that sending him to Valencia was a genuine consideration by the club.

We dont know that. Our Management might have asked him to gauge his reaction, but that doesn't mean they ever seriously considered doing it.

We dont know that. Our Management might have asked him to gauge his reaction, but that doesn't mean they ever seriously considered doing it.
You would not ask if you weren't considering or weren't open to the idea of it. The fact he has stated he refused indicates he was asked by the club.

The club could have dismissed the idea out of hand. Whether they asked in the player's interests or their own, they still considered it which is the point.

You would not ask if you weren't considering or weren't open to the idea of it. The fact he has stated he refused indicates he was asked by the club.

The club could have dismissed the idea out of hand. Whether they asked in the player's interests or their own, they still considered it which is the point.

For all we know, they did dismiss it out of hand - but maybe asked Mangala to assess if/how much he was unsettled by Otamendi's arrival. Or maybe they didn't ask him at all and Mangala simply responded to the strong rumours coming out of the Spanish media. Either way, it's all speculation. We have no clue whether it was a "genuine consideration" by the club.

For all we know, they did dismiss it out of hand - but maybe asked Mangala to assess if/how much he was unsettled by Otamendi's arrival. Or maybe they didn't ask him at all and Mangala simply responded to the strong rumours coming out of the Spanish media. Either way, it's all speculation. We have no clue whether it was a "genuine consideration" by the club.
No
Valencia wanted to take Mangala on loan as part of the Otamendi deal but the Frenchman explained: "I refused because it would have been a step backwards.

"I felt good enough to win my place."

Good on the lad, show's how strong he is mentally to be so young but to be so confident he can prove himself.

I like the cut of his jib

There's a pretty good chance that it was his agent who asked him if he fancied going to Valencia, rather than anyone at the club. Especically given that Jorge Mendes is pretty much in charge of Valencia's transfer business. I love the fact that he's mates with Boyata though, it just seems like a strange double act (even if they are both about the same age and grew up in Belgium)

Valencia wanted to take Mangala on loan as part of the Otamendi deal but the Frenchman explained: "I refused because it would have been a step backwards.

"I felt good enough to win my place."

You just refuted your own post, bud. Nothing there about anything City management did or said.

You just refuted your own post, bud. Nothing there about anything City management did or said.
Not at all but I can see your stubbornness renders any discussion pointless. I'll form my opinion based on the comments and you yours.

It would've been his agent who suggested a loan move. You can tell city rate him highly.

I Just saw his 5 a side team video on the OS and he introduced himself as Man ga la, not manga laaar So martin Tyler if you're reading this please stop it as its annoying.

We saw in his debut v Chelsea how good he is/can be.

The horror show at Hull followed by Kompany being in abysmal form had a big impact on him. We saw (and as the stats show) that once he was with the ever reliable MDM for a sustained period he shone and our results improved.

Now Kompany is back to being the beast we all know and love, Managla will start to look better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.