Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is doing very well for sure...I don't count yesterday as a factor in determining his progress....Watford offered absolutely nothing in attack. I am gonna give it another 10 to 15 games or so before deciding if he really is top class...but he has certainly made a great start.

Some fun stats about Mangala:

1. We have won all 12 of the last 12 games he has started and only let in 4 goals in those games
  2. Since the horrors of the away defeat at West Ham and the league cup defeat by Newcastle over 10 months ago, he has started 27 games in all competitions and we have lost just 1 of them and Won 23 Drawn 3.

Some fun stats about Mangala:

1. We have won all 12 of the last 12 games he has started and only let in 4 goals in those games
  2. Since the horrors of the away defeat at West Ham and the league cup defeat by Newcastle over 10 months ago, he has started 27 games and we have lost just 1 of them and Won 23 Drawn 3.
Definitely fun stats those.

Hope the signing of Otamendi does not upset the apple cart.
He has been superb for us recently and that back 4 looks like a proper unit.
I have a feeling he will get dropped at the first mistake which would be shocking for his confidence (again)

Hope the signing of Otamendi does not upset the apple cart.
He has been superb for us recently and that back 4 looks like a proper unit.
I have a feeling he will get dropped at the first mistake which would be shocking for his confidence (again)
I've been thinking the same too. I also get that feeling, especially after Pellegrini said "right now it is impossible to change Mangala and Kompany", after signing Otamendi. As soon as there's one mistake or one bad defensive performance, Mangala will be given the boot. It's wrong, but it's obvious that's going to happen.

Interesting that sending him to Valencia was a genuine consideration by the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.