Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ball doesn't hit Kolarov's arm then the Juve player accelerates on to the ball into the space in behind where Mangala should be, just as Bolasie did on Saturday when Hart saved his embarrassment. Otamendi is pulled over because Mangala's initial position compromised the natural shape of the defence.

He's yards from where he should be

If you pause it at 0.00, Mangala's position should be where the ball is. He's behind (or in front of) both Kolarov and Otamendi. If he's where the ball is then Otamendi doesn't have to come across.

Sometimes you've gotta hold your hands up and say it was good play from the opposition. Lucky deflection off kolarov..then a quality finish that would probably end up in the stands most of the time. No chance was mangala to blame here

Thought Otamendi was at fault but he's had zero playing time and thrown into a CL match in place of the captain.

I don't actually think we can point the finger at him.
Mangala has been exceptional all season - the whole team have.

You can't expect to never conceded and thought we lost because our play was too slow.

2nd goal was just unstoppable. Great strike just as he was being closed down.
1st goal Pogba has all the time in the world to put a peach of a cross in. Like Countinho against Liverpool away last season if you don't pick up a player and give him all the time in the world then you're fecked. Sagna/Fernandinho/Nasri/YaYa most at fault for this one.

Two great goals, Juve got lucky (with how clinical the finishes were)... not sure anyone is at fault in the defence for either per se, but the midfield should have closed down the cross for the first goal.

Don't think either Mangala or Otamendi were particularly at fault for the second - their initial positions are fine and there's no real danger. If anything, I think Kolarov could/should perhaps have dealt better with the initial ball, even if he was unlucky in the way it bounced directly into the path of the striker.

One of the things I hate about bm is we always have to blame someone when we concede a goal.
Carnt we just credit the other team ,and get behind our players instead of looking for a scapegoat.
Do other fans of other teams do this or is it just a city thing ?

One of the things I hate about bm is we always have to blame someone when we concede a goal.
Carnt we just credit the other team ,and get behind our players instead of looking for a scapegoat.
Do other fans of other teams do this or is it just a city thing ?

So I'm not the only one that thinks like this then! Relief!

Joe Hart didnt have a chance of getting to either of Juve's goals, so credit them for being on the front foot and gambling on a cross and a punt up field. Its on small margines like that where games can be won or lost, as demonstrated last night. Maybe we could learn from it instead of looking for someone to shoulder the blame.

So I'm not the only one that thinks like this then! Relief!

Joe Hart didnt have a chance of getting to either of Juve's goals, so credit them for being on the front foot and gambling on a cross and a punt up field. Its on small margines like that where games can be won or lost, as demonstrated last night. Maybe we could learn from it instead of looking for someone to shoulder the blame.
No your not mate ,as long as the players give 100 % and don't deliberately score own goals ,they we the first goals in over 5 matches and yet we still need a scapegoat. I'm amazed some on here arnt still blaming dzeko for last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.