Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Porto threatened Fernando that they will bench him (and ruin his World Cup chances) if he didn't sign a new contract? Fernando was about to go to City on a free.

Or when the double deal involving James Rodriguez to Monaco, Joao Moutinho almost went for peanuts because they didn't want to pay Sporting the sell on clause?

Karma Police is gonna get ya, Porto.

Yeah......I'm sure the press over here will report it lime that as well!
Who cares how it's reported? I'll still sleep for eight hours a night and City will keep on making more profits and what the press say means fuck all.

Made a wonderful block in the second half. Looks like he's started to take a lot more responsibility and has grown in stature this season.

That was a great block. The only problem I see in Mangala is his inability to concentrate for the full 90 mins. Their goal was totally his fault yesterday. Bad pass and backing off the striker which after what happened against West Ham, you would think he would have learned.

90% of the game he is very good.

That was a great block. The only problem I see in Mangala is his inability to concentrate for the full 90 mins. Their goal was totally his fault yesterday. Bad pass and backing off the striker which after what happened against West Ham, you would think he would have learned.

This. His defending on their goal was unbelievable. I'll support him but I can't help but think of him as suspect.

Obviously in an ideal world 0 mistakes would be perfect. But if he can make 1 mistake a game, and it leads to a shot from outside the box - then for me that's not the end of the world, how often will the striker find the bottom corner from outside the box? Sure currently everyone seems to be able to against us, from Dier, to Moses to Murray - but realistically it's going to missed/saved more often than not.

Could just as easily point to some of Otamendi's mistake which could have been more significant, i.e. the slide tackle early in the game that was probably a penalty & could have gotten him sent off. Didn't get given but that's a far worse mistake than Mangala's misplaced pass leading to Murray taking a pop from outside the box - his just got punished.

I agree though it does seem a concentration thing with him, not a rare sight to see a lazy pass straight to an opposition player - but you'd think that could easily be rectified & he'll improve in that sense with age.

I hope that both Mangala and Otamendi continue to improve as the season goes on but mistakes at the highest level tend to get punished and these guys are making a few to many at the moment to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.