Player Topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously in an ideal world 0 mistakes would be perfect. But if he can make 1 mistake a game, and it leads to a shot from outside the box - then for me that's not the end of the world, how often will the striker find the bottom corner from outside the box? Sure currently everyone seems to be able to against us, from Dier, to Moses to Murray - but realistically it's going to missed/saved more often than not.

Could just as easily point to some of Otamendi's mistake which could have been more significant, i.e. the slide tackle early in the game that was probably a penalty & could have gotten him sent off. Didn't get given but that's a far worse mistake than Mangala's misplaced pass leading to Murray taking a pop from outside the box - his just got punished.

I agree though it does seem a concentration thing with him, not a rare sight to see a lazy pass straight to an opposition player - but you'd think that could easily be rectified & he'll improve in that sense with age.

I agree Ottamendi was worse and he is the one who should be dropped for Kompany. He looks like a penalty waiting to happen for me and I don't want that risk against either Sevilla or the rags.

Mangala if I was to score him on his performances since he arrived (without the "critical mistake's he seems to make every game that leads to a goal") it would be 8/10.

The mistakes though make it 6/10. He's lucky that he plays in a team that are so good at going forward.

Still not really convinced by him, but he's young and we all hope he's gonna come good. He can start that on Sunday at the Swamp!!

His passing still needs working on, the way he gifted Bournemouth the ball on Saturday was really poor. He has all the attributes, he just needs greater concentration to hit the top level.

That was a great block. The only problem I see in Mangala is his inability to concentrate for the full 90 mins. Their goal was totally his fault yesterday. Bad pass and backing off the striker which after what happened against West Ham, you would think he would have learned.

90% of the game he is very good.

That's like saying Aguero is 90% very good. Because he always miss one goalsscoring opportunity.

Excellent game from the lad tonight. A close second to Navas for MOTM.

I thought he was superb tonight,i cant get enough of his fantastic attitude! He's becoming a very important player,possibly even Captain material.

An absolute colossus tonight. Did his job to almost perfection and covered Otamendi's wandering. He's going to prove a lot of doubters very wrong this year.

Second half he was colossal! Second best player on the park afte navas tonight. Navas and mangala best players hey, I think I'm in an alternative universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.