Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going against the grain here it seems but I've been somewhat impressed with Delph in the limited time he has had on the pitch. Breaks up play, works back and tries to get into the box whenever he can. Yes he isn't the most accomplished player but we have (in theory) enough of these in the team already to make a difference. The first half last night, Everton didn't really cause us much issues until the last 5 mins apart from Lukaku getting in behind Mangala. Coleman and Delefeou didn't trouble us too much, not as much as I thought they would have. The second half was completely different with them getting at Clichy evertime they came forward. IMO Delph being on the pitch nullified their attacking threat to an extent. I think Delph is the sort of player we need in the middle of the pitch to balance out the more attacking players we have.

Going against the grain here it seems but I've been somewhat impressed with Delph in the limited time he has had on the pitch. Breaks up play, works back and tries to get into the box whenever he can. Yes he isn't the most accomplished player but we have (in theory) enough of these in the team already to make a difference. The first half last night, Everton didn't really cause us much issues until the last 5 mins apart from Lukaku getting in behind Mangala. Coleman and Delefeou didn't trouble us too much, not as much as I thought they would have. The second half was completely different with them getting at Clichy evertime they came forward. IMO Delph being on the pitch nullified their attacking threat to an extent. I think Delph is the sort of player we need in the middle of the pitch to balance out the more attacking players we have.

hes shite

He has zero vision, makes Fernando's passing seem adventerous and a touch to make Bony's look like Messi. When Walcott runs about he's labelled a headless chicken, forever and always but ones on here, but when Delph does it it's energy and passion and he's "applying himself".

Fernando, who many deride (with fair reason) was hailed as the cornerstone to a brick wall when he joined; "Fernando and Dinho infront of the back four, wow good luck everybody else"... Yeah, no. The same happened with Delph's signing and still is, blue tinted specs out the wazoo.

delphs barely played for us and its only his first season and your already writing him off ? he's been decent, not world class, but thats to be expected.

delphs barely played for us and its only his first season and your already writing him off ? he's been decent, not world class, but thats to be expected.
I thought he played well last night. Broke up the play, played simple passes, pretty much everything you'd want him to do.

A case of him trying too hard rather than relaxing into a performance. He looks like a kid chasing the ball at times and needs to calm down a bit and not worry about making an impression on the manager and fans. Midfield made Barry look like Pirlo last night, which is a bit worrying.

This isn't his first season in this league.

It didn't take the likes of Rodwell or Sinclair more games or an entire season before it hit home that they weren't good enough. They've now left, gotten runs of games for their new teams and have done nothing.

We obviously have different definitions of what constitutes 'decent', fair enough. He's done nothing other than run about a bit, and offers little more. If anything your post has proven mine.

I'm not writing him off after what I've seen from him this season, I've felt from the get go he's never been good enough and he's done nothing to merit a rethink. Again, if anything people are trying to see things that aren't there simply because he plays for us now and not Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.