Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

Shaelumstash said:
PixieScott said:
Having being through the entire thread it is surprising that most seem to be so casual and alright with the aspect that NYCFC fans were LIED too. The attitude that NYCFC is a "daughter" club and should be grateful and should know its place. Comments along the lines that how about Sinclair should be loaned to "shut them up" or bid for Gerrard to replace Lampard.

CFC bid for NYCFC and if not them someone else would have won the bid and owned NYCFC so for them to be thankful to CFC for their existence is a bit over the top. Although NYCFC fans might have blown the lid in their moaning but they have a very fair point which apparently most here seem to turn a blind eye too because it is uncomfortable to accept a club of this magnitude has basically LIED. It is entirely disrespectful and extremely selfish. Apparently winning is all that matters and if a moral compass is askewed en route then who cares? Is that the message you impart to your kids as well?

NYC marketed ( and when I say marketed I am being underwhelming ) on the back of Villa and Lampard. They stated that they signed Lampard. It is not about being "promised" Lampard but oh snap the transfer fell through. This is a club statement saying the player has signed for them. MCFC posted that they "loaned" Lampard. ( That post has henceforth been deleted, but can be found using WebArchive/Reddit ) . Now suddenly everyone learns NYCFC actually never signed Lampard. It would be interesting when you are put through the same spot of being disrespected by being lied to throughout. An understanding between NYCFC and MCFC is meaningless because they are the same entity. You can't decline an offer to yourself. This entire event sets a very bad precedent and shows a complete disregard for NYCFC and fans. There are a bunch of clubs over variety of sports from people to pledge their loyalty to and actions like these just make it harder.

Sure, Lampard would prefer to play in Prem League and have a shot at titles but that doesn't mean he feigns ignorance. He is holding a bloody NYC banner and has his mug plastered all over USA.

So here are the questions the fans and I would like to know and if you can shed light on it,

According to posters and latest reports he never did sign for NYCFC and hence If he did not sign for NYCFC :
1. Why is he being marketed as one and he himself seems to do so. In fact here is him being still listed on the roster for NYCFC ( <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nycfc.com/players/frank-lampard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nycfc.com/players/frank-lampard</a> ) ?
2. Why then did he ludicrously claim that he is headed to NYC ?

If he did sign for NYCFC :
1. Why isn't he with the club for the start of the season ? NYCFC website claims that his loan has been extended and that the date of return is being worked out. ARE YOU SERIOUS ? Apparently NYC cannot expect its own signed players to show up and its upto the club that has loaned the player to decide when they wish to return him? Not to mention Pelligrini dropping hints as to how Lampard could stay beyond this year. Try telling someone again as to how CFC aims for all clubs to be ran independently.

No one looks good in this entire dealing. Not NYCFC,not MCFC and not Lampard. Such a shame.

I think you're being a bit precious. I can kind of understand you having a slight grievance if you've bought a season ticket solely on the back of Lampard signing for the club, but to be perfectly honest, you shouldn't really be supporting a club based on one player signing, that's not how football works.

It might be a bit of a set back for NYCFC, but seriously, you've got the best owners in world football. I'm sure anyone else could have won the franchise bid, but trust me, there is no organisation in the world that would be better for your long term success than ADUG / CFG.

It's one player that you might have to wait 6 months longer for, it's really not something to be outraged over. You will get other Designated Players, I'm sure the club will go on to be very successful for years to come, and in 10 years this Lampard saga will be long forgotten about.

In a league where Bradley Wright Phillips was the top scorer last year, with David Villa in the side, you will have more than a half chance of being successful.

The fans who released that statement need to learn to have a bit of respect for the owners, for MCFC and for Frank Lampard himself. The MLS at the moment is a very substandard league, Bradley Wright Phillips is a third tier player in England.

Lampard is currently playing in the most high profile and competitive league in the world, for the champions, who are looking to retain the title in direct competition with a team that discarded him and said he was finished. He's making a huge contribution to the team. Put yourself in his position, of course he wants to stay. Put yourself in City's position, of course we want him to stay, given his impact.

I appreciate there are 10,000 New Yorkers who aren't happy about it, but be realistic. It's a club that doesn't really exist yet, it's not played a single game. To think that you are as much of a priority as the champions of England, a club who the owners have invested a billion pounds in, is just arrogance bordering on delusion.

True, but what a way to miss the point.

Just because he is playing decently doesn't somehow defend the club and Lampard in behaving disrespectfully. Maybe in the long term NYCFC would benefit but due to the precedence set that is all it remains - a prophecy. One could argue that if the club was without the influence of CFC they would be far more more committed to the cause than just being a proxy. I think everyone understands that NYCFC will get another designated player but on evidence today it is a slap on the face to be reminded that the club exists to support MCFC despite being promised to the contrary.

PixieScott said:
Having being through the entire thread it is surprising that most seem to be so casual and alright with the aspect that NYCFC fans were LIED too. The attitude that NYCFC is a "daughter" club and should be grateful and should know its place. Comments along the lines that how about Sinclair should be loaned to "shut them up" or bid for Gerrard to replace Lampard.

CFC bid for NYCFC and if not them someone else would have won the bid and owned NYCFC so for them to be thankful to CFC for their existence is a bit over the top. Although NYCFC fans might have blown the lid in their moaning but they have a very fair point which apparently most here seem to turn a blind eye too because it is uncomfortable to accept a club of this magnitude has basically LIED. It is entirely disrespectful and extremely selfish. Apparently winning is all that matters and if a moral compass is askewed en route then who cares? Is that the message you impart to your kids as well?

NYC marketed ( and when I say marketed I am being underwhelming ) on the back of Villa and Lampard. They stated that they signed Lampard. It is not about being "promised" Lampard but oh snap the transfer fell through. This is a club statement saying the player has signed for them. MCFC posted that they "loaned" Lampard. ( That post has henceforth been deleted, but can be found using WebArchive/Reddit ) . Now suddenly everyone learns NYCFC actually never signed Lampard. It would be interesting when you are put through the same spot of being disrespected by being lied to throughout. An understanding between NYCFC and MCFC is meaningless because they are the same entity. You can't decline an offer to yourself. This entire event sets a very bad precedent and shows a complete disregard for NYCFC and fans. There are a bunch of clubs over variety of sports from people to pledge their loyalty to and actions like these just make it harder.

Sure, Lampard would prefer to play in Prem League and have a shot at titles but that doesn't mean he feigns ignorance. He is holding a bloody NYC banner and has his mug plastered all over USA.

So here are the questions the fans and I would like to know and if you can shed light on it,

According to posters and latest reports he never did sign for NYCFC and hence If he did not sign for NYCFC :
1. Why is he being marketed as one and he himself seems to do so. In fact here is him being still listed on the roster for NYCFC ( <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nycfc.com/players/frank-lampard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nycfc.com/players/frank-lampard</a> ) ?

1. Why isn't he with the club for the start of the season ? NYCFC website claims that his loan has been extended and that the date of return is being worked out. ARE YOU SERIOUS ? Apparently NYC cannot expect its own signed players to show up and its upto the club that has loaned the player to decide when they wish to return him? Not to mention Pelligrini dropping hints as to how Lampard could stay beyond this year. Try telling someone again as to how CFC aims for all clubs to be ran independently.

No one looks good in this entire dealing. Not NYCFC,not MCFC and not Lampard. Such a shame.

According to who?

de niro said:
this might be fun.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11322912/Frank-Lampard-may-face-New-York-public-in-Manchester-Citys-post-season-friendly-with-sister-club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html</a>
Written by the rag finder general

Can't see any of these NYCFC fans lasting long if they are so upset about this. Football is a secretive, underhanded, dirty business really. At the same time, shit happens simply because it involves humans messing things up and no malice is involved whatsoever by any party.

On an unrelated note I think every single NYCFC consumer ought to declare any pre-existing interest in any football club, anywhere, cos something smells funny in these complaints. Naturally none of the whining is a state-side trolling replication of the "dirty arab oil money" we have seen in Blighty. All the moaning is genuine. 100%. No dirty tricks in global football. Ever.

PixieScott said:
Shaelumstash said:
PixieScott said:

I think you're being a bit precious. I can kind of understand you having a slight grievance if you've bought a season ticket solely on the back of Lampard signing for the club, but to be perfectly honest, you shouldn't really be supporting a club based on one player signing, that's not how football works.

It might be a bit of a set back for NYCFC, but seriously, you've got the best owners in world football. I'm sure anyone else could have won the franchise bid, but trust me, there is no organisation in the world that would be better for your long term success than ADUG / CFG.

It's one player that you might have to wait 6 months longer for, it's really not something to be outraged over. You will get other Designated Players, I'm sure the club will go on to be very successful for years to come, and in 10 years this Lampard saga will be long forgotten about.

In a league where Bradley Wright Phillips was the top scorer last year, with David Villa in the side, you will have more than a half chance of being successful.

The fans who released that statement need to learn to have a bit of respect for the owners, for MCFC and for Frank Lampard himself. The MLS at the moment is a very substandard league, Bradley Wright Phillips is a third tier player in England.

Lampard is currently playing in the most high profile and competitive league in the world, for the champions, who are looking to retain the title in direct competition with a team that discarded him and said he was finished. He's making a huge contribution to the team. Put yourself in his position, of course he wants to stay. Put yourself in City's position, of course we want him to stay, given his impact.

I appreciate there are 10,000 New Yorkers who aren't happy about it, but be realistic. It's a club that doesn't really exist yet, it's not played a single game. To think that you are as much of a priority as the champions of England, a club who the owners have invested a billion pounds in, is just arrogance bordering on delusion.

True, but what a way to miss the point.

Just because he is playing decently doesn't somehow defend the club and Lampard in behaving disrespectfully. Maybe in the long term NYCFC would benefit but due to the precedence set that is all it remains - a prophecy. One could argue that if the club was without the influence of CFC they would be far more more committed to the cause than just being a proxy. I think everyone understands that NYCFC will get another designated player but on evidence today it is a slap on the face to be reminded that the club exists to support MCFC despite being promised to the contrary.

It's one player, for 6 months. It's hardly conclusive evidence that NYCFC exists only to support MCFC. NYC will benefit immeasurably from the football support staff from CFG. With over 30 scouts around the world, headed up by the most respected Director of Football in the world, overseen by one of the most successful CEO's in recent history, who in turn is funded by one of the richest and ambitious men in the world, you really don't know how good you've got it!

The Lampard situation is a short term stumbling block, but be realistic, did you ever expect for one minute that NYCFC would take priority over MCFC before it had ever kicked a ball? Just because Lampard is playing for City for an extra 6 months does not make you Chivas USA. These guys know what they are doing, I'd expect NYCFC to be the premier club in MLS within 3 years. No team can happen over night. Lampard is 36, he's a big name and a fine player but at his age he's not the kind of guy you want to be building your club around.

de niro said:
this might be fun.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11322912/Frank-Lampard-may-face-New-York-public-in-Manchester-Citys-post-season-friendly-with-sister-club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -club.html</a>

Might just go up for this if it happens and wear my "reduced prices" NYCFC shirt with Super Frank on the back just to show my total support for CFG & ADUG plus a poke in the eye for Alexi fooking Lalas, the no-mark, self-opinionated, shock jock twat!!

Can't wait for NYCFC to start their actual playing existence with both Villa and Super Frank (later!) in an already formidable looking squad..... With the right service (from Frank!) David Villa will break MLS scoring records for fun!! Notwithstanding SF's considerable contribution!!
Storm in a tea cup only being fueled by media dickheads like Salas!

BufordUSABlue said:
de niro said:
this might be fun.

Might just go up for this if it happens and wear my "reduced prices" NYCFC shirt with Super Frank on the back just to show my total support for CFG & ADUG plus a poke in the eye for Lexi fooking Salas, the no-mark, self-opinionated, shock jock twat!!

Can't wait for NYCFC to start their actual playing existence with both Villa and Super Frank (later!) in an already formidable looking squad..... With the right service (from Frank!) David Villa will break MLS scoring records for fun!! Notwithstanding SF's considerable contribution!!

Nice one!

BufordUSABlue said:
de niro said:
this might be fun.

Might just go up for this if it happens and wear my "reduced prices" NYCFC shirt with Super Frank on the back just to show my total support for CFG & ADUG plus a poke in the eye for Lexi fooking Salas, the no-mark, self-opinionated, shock jock twat!!

Won't happen mate. We'll be in the F.A cup and Champs league final.

Barcon said:
BufordUSABlue said:
de niro said:
this might be fun.

Hopefully pal... Then I'll just have to use the money to come back to dear blighty & Berlin for the games (much to my wife's displeasure no doubt!) bah it's only money right and for the best possible reasons!!

BufordUSABlue said:
Barcon said:
BufordUSABlue said:

Hopefully pal... Then I'll just have to use the money to come back to dear blighty & Berlin for the games (much to my wife's displeasure no doubt!) bah it's only money right and for the best possible reasons!!

Money well spent ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.