Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much our only reliable player, other than Sagna. Can't reach the heights of some of our other players, but you know what you're going to get and that's pretty valuable when so many other are hit or miss

Has to start for me. We are far better with width in the team. We look so stunted with these 4-4-2 with Sterling up top & Silva/KdB out wide, or 4-2-3-1 with Yaya in the middle & Silva/KdB out wide. Those 2 are not wingers & Yaya isn't an CAM (certainly not a better one than Silva or KdB..).

If we look at the league:

Matches with Navas starting: 8 wins 2 losses. 80% win rate.
Matches without Navas starting: 4 wins 3 draws 3 losses. 40% win rate.

Including cups:

Matches with Navas starting: 5 wins 1 loss. 83.33% win rate.
Matches without Navas starting: 2 win 2 losses - both wins were against Gladbach, and both we were losing before Navas came on. 50% win rate

Totals:
Navas starts 13 wins 3 losses 0 draws. 81.25% win rate.
Navas doesn't start 6 wins 5 losses 3 draws; with 2 wins occuring from losing positions only after Navas came on. 42.85% win rate

I'm not going to sit here & say he's a better player than KdB because he isn't, but he's far (far) better for having a balanced team. Navas has to start, Silva/KdB in the middle, then it's either KdB or Sterling on the left - I'd argue Sterling for the same reasons.

A great example of this is the Sevilla away game, no Silva, no KdB. Navas & Sterling out wide, 3 CM's in their favoured positions. Potentially our best performance of the season I'd argue.

Round pegs in round holes, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.